Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooks Brothers Semi Annual 40% Coming up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicholascrawford
    replied

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/content/Fullpages/sizechart.tem?popup=1

Zero - I think you're a medium with your neck and small with your sleeves.

Go with small since you probably won't button the neck on a sport shirt?

Leave a comment:

• runners n jeans
    replied

Damn their shipping prices

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

Anyone know how the sport shirt sizing compares to the dress shirt sizing?

I need something close to at 15/32 or 15.5/32. Small or medium?

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied

@Zero is correct. However, 40% isn't too bad either, with the difference being minimal.

@Lib - I'm with NC, the non-iron fabric is fine for me. I do both, but obviously the non-iron is their big seller and it has tons more selection. I've heard that drycleaning (laundering) the non-iron actually quickens the deterioration of the non-iron-ness of the shirts, but I don't have the science to back that one up. I launder mine all the time, so no sweat off my back.

Also, I did 3 non-iron dress shirts and 2 sport shirts (trying out XL extra slim vs. L slim), and it gave me the 40%. Just make sure you go through check out a little bit and then the discount will show up.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

I'm self-employed, so this is the best discount out there for me.

Personally, I love non-iron. I never iron anything, so this lets me stretch visits to the dry cleaner until the shirt is actually dirty. The stiffer feel of the fabric doesn't bother me in the least.

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

I'm pretty sure that when I bought using the 30% corporate discount + multi-buy the shirts ended up being a few dollars cheaper each. ($46 vs $48 each or so for the regular cottons).

Leave a comment:

• Lib
    replied

It seems that you can't combine the offer through different 'types' of shirts. I tried to combine 3 'classic cotton' dress shirts and 1 non-iron, and the 40% discount didn't apply. I'm hesitant to get all non-iron, as I've heard negative things about the material. Non-iron certainly must be more popular, though.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

No, you're right. There's a usual discount, but it's not 40%.

I wonder what Joe was referring to in his post about the Father's Day pricing being better. He must not have been talking about the dress shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Lib
    replied

No, the regular priced items. Does that discount on 4 shirts apply all the time? I assumed it was part of the sale.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Okay, the discount showed up during checkout. I got:

Pink with a spread collar: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 207&Product_Code=ME00575&default_color=PINK

OCBD in Ecru: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 203&Product_Code=ME00287&default_color=ECRU

Mini-gingham in Navy and Pink: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 207&Product_Code=ME00670&default_color=NAVY

I'm really looking forward to these. Ratio has an OCBD Ecru combo, but this is half the price. The mini-gingham shirts are almost a third of the price of Ratio. I'm still going to keep ordering Ratio shirts, but with a sale like this from the only company that sells OTR shirts that fit, I've gotta order. When they arrive, I'll still have the buttons moved over on the collar to bring it closer to 14.25", but that's only $5/pop.

I know...I have a small neck.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Are you talking about the sale/clearance section?

Leave a comment:

• Lib
    replied

At $50/shirt, even if I have to get them tailored I'm still further ahead than with any of the custom shirt makers. Too bad about the limited selection for 'non-non-iron' extra slim fit shirts. It's tempting!

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

I had 4 shirts and had the discount to $308, then it vaporized and the price went back to $352. Not sure if I really want them that badly, but they are the only OTR shirts in the world that fit me.

Leave a comment:

• maccoinnich
    replied

Yeah, I tried a test purchase of 2 ties and 2 shirts, to see if that would trigger the 40%, but no dice.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale will have the Strands for $219.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X