X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Thanks for the Recommendation. I can’t kick the image of Dwight Shrute from the office when I think of short sleeve button up shirts for business wear. I wear polos as much as I can, but sometimes an appointment requires a little more polish.
    With you on that.

And it's like my email inbox is just option after option specifically for this thread today lol

Suitsupply just hit me with their lightweight polos.

So there's that I spose...

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    If short sleeve works for you, Jomers just dropped short-sleeve poplin wares. Don't linger; their stuff tends to go pretty quick.
    Thanks for the Recommendation. I can’t kick the image of Dwight Shrute from the office when I think of short sleeve button up shirts for business wear. I wear polos as much as I can, but sometimes an appointment requires a little more polish.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    If short sleeve works for you, Jomers just dropped short-sleeve poplin wares. Don't linger; their stuff tends to go pretty quick.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    For Houston it's best to just go with linen or, if light wrinkling is an issue, poplin.
    I have a few paper thin J.Press for Trunk Club OCBDs that I picked up at Nordstrom Rack. They are just as good as poplin for the heat here. I need an alternative one day when they wear out and I really like S&M’s shirts. I also have linen and linen/cotton. I am always on the lookout for shirts than can help elevate the hell that is April-October in Houston!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Burner View Post
    Any particular recs for poplin in the sub-$50 range?
    My first stop would probably be the sale section at Charles Tyrwhitt.

Leave a comment:

• Burner
    replied
    For Houston it's best to just go with linen or, if light wrinkling is an issue, poplin.
    Any particular recs for poplin in the sub-$50 range?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Thx for the info! I was considering these, but as I suspected, they won’t be light enough.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    I don't know if I can give a good answer to the question - if I lived in Houston during the summer, I'd probably die no matter what shirt I wore. These are definitely lighter fabric, but the weave isn't very loose. Definitely lighter than SMs regular oxfords, but it isn't going to be as comfortable as a poplin.

I am definitely happy with the shirts. The extra slim fit works well for me, and these won't require any alterations.

Thx for the info! I was considering these, but as I suspected, they won’t be light enough.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    What are your thoughts on the oxford? Are they good for extreme heat (Houston), or are they just a little lighter and suitable for northern summers?

Thx!
    I don't know if I can give a good answer to the question - if I lived in Houston during the summer, I'd probably die no matter what shirt I wore. These are definitely lighter fabric, but the weave isn't very loose. Definitely lighter than SMs regular oxfords, but it isn't going to be as comfortable as a poplin.

I am definitely happy with the shirts. The extra slim fit works well for me, and these won't require any alterations.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
    For what it's worth, I ended up buying 3 of Spier & Mackay's light weight oxfords. While not exactly pinpoint, the lighter weight oxford cloth is pretty close to what I was looking for.

As a plus, right after I received my order, they went on sale. I emailed customer service and they credited my the difference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    What are your thoughts on the oxford? Are they good for extreme heat (Houston), or are they just a little lighter and suitable for northern summers?

Thx!

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    replied
    For what it's worth, I ended up buying 3 of Spier & Mackay's light weight oxfords. While not exactly pinpoint, the lighter weight oxford cloth is pretty close to what I was looking for.

As a plus, right after I received my order, they went on sale. I emailed customer service and they credited my the difference.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    If you're not on the Lands End mailing list yet, you get 40% off for signing up.

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...59?sku_0=::WHI

Puts that bad boy around 30 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    L.L. Bean with one major issue...

TA291653 is the plain color
    PF291655 is the stripe

They fray and fall apart in my experience. There used to be a "lifetime guarantee," but now they will just fall apart and that's that.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo1997
    started a topic Pinpoint Shirt Suggestions

Pinpoint Shirt Suggestions

Excuse the subject typo! Looking for shirt recommendations.

Can anyone recommend shirts that are
    - pintpoint Oxford fabric
    - button down collar with decent collar roll
    - slim fit
    - under $50
    - preferably not non-iron

Thanks!

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 15, 2019, 03:18 PM. Reason: lul
Working...
X