AE Boulevard Cap Toe Dress Shoe-$66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Well this is not what I wanted ... just came over email. I think this is a poor showing. I ordered early, and they processed, charged, and said my order was shipping. Seems to me they realized a pricing error.

The charge posted to my CC and I haven't received a refund. I would've assumed for good CS, you would post the refund first.
    Charge posted or just an authorization/pending? Because even if they cancel the order/payment or refund right away on AE's end, it'll still take the bank several days to process that... Don't know why refunds/cancellations take days this day and age for banks to process... Probably because they're using that money immediately for risky/crappy bets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      Charge posted or just an authorization/pending? Because even if they cancel the order/payment or refund right away on AE's end, it'll still take the bank several days to process that... Don't know why refunds/cancellations take days this day and age for banks to process... Probably because they're using that money immediately for risky/crappy bets.
      Thought it had posted. But I can verify. If I see these shoes for a higher price I will assume they are covering their butts.

Comment

Order had posted not gone through. In searching the deal boards ... it seems every order is canceled. This seems like a pricing error they screwed up and are hiding under low inventory. Every single person so far has posted their deal was canceled, those that posted right after it was found out and there were tons of sizes available.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
          Well this is not what I wanted ... just came over email. I think this is a poor showing. I ordered early, and they processed, charged, and said my order was shipping. Seems to me they realized a pricing error.

The charge posted to my CC and I haven't received a refund. I would've assumed for good CS, you would post the refund first.
          Originally posted by mpb02 View Post
          Also purchased these Boulevard Cap Toes in brown grain yesterday and just got a notice this morning that my order was cancelled due to insufficient inventory. Does this happen often -- that the website allows a purchase despite no inventory?
          I've had it happen it once or twice when there was a great sale--like 60 or 70 percent off. I paid with paypal and it took them about three weeks to release the charge.

But what made me the angriest was that the day after the sale was over, suddenly the shoes were back in stock. I still don't know what that game was about.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
            I've had it happen it once or twice when there was a great sale--like 60 or 70 percent off. I paid with paypal and it took them about three weeks to release the charge.

But what made me the angriest was that the day after the sale was over, suddenly the shoes were back in stock. I still don't know what that game was about.
            At least online they are indicating, it helps AE save face from a potential glitch in too cheap of price (unsure if yours were listed back at the 60-70%) and it helps them gather data from users like email, address, purchasing desires etc. that they may not have gotten without this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              I love those. But I'm sure you can find another bargain that you'll enjoy. I couldn't pass on some drivers for only $75. And I picked up some derbies for my son in a EEE width for only $100. Unreal.

Update--I see you did. I was thinking about those as well. WTH? $67?
              $53 with the extra 20% off too. I got the caramel ones.

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                $53 with the extra 20% off too. I got the caramel ones.
                Let us know when they cancel your order! ;oD

Comment

For the record, I ordered the boulevards and received a shipping notice yesterday. They should arrive Tuesday.

Comment

I ordered early Thursday (10ish). Midnight last night got a cancellation. Also ordered some Sedona loafers, not sure if those got cancelled as well since the email was pretty terse. Kinda pissed frankly.

Comment

Both of mine shipped. Whitney plain toe derbies for my son (I don't like that style, but he does) and some Siesta Key (not US made) drivers for me. Total out the door with tax, shipping, everything--$196.24. MSRP--$620.

So tempted to buy more. But too many shoes now.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Working...
                      X