Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should we expect a Jcrew discount of reg priced stuff for father's day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should we expect a Jcrew discount of reg priced stuff for father's day?

If im not mistaken Jcrew usually runs some kind of promotion during fathers day.

I'm hoping its a discount on reg/sale priced merch.

Comment

its been months since there has been a coupon for regular price items!

Comment

Man on man, if I can get their polos for under $30 again I'm in trouble. Last time was just a test to see if they'd fit heh. Everything else seems rather over priced, such as shirts etc.

Is there anything from Jcrew that should be on a recommended to buy from Jcrew list?

Comment

their slim fit regular line shirts fit well (i.e. not the factory ones)

if JCREW wants to compete with Banana Republic (and they do), they should run coupons like BR does.

Comment

Jordan, I've always thought Banana Republic's promotion strategy was interesting. In my opinion, they've conditioned their regular customers to wait for sales and never pay full price. This seems to dilute the brand value somewhat. Part of me respects J Crew for not whoring out their coupon codes. It gives me the perception that J Crew quality is higher than BR. What do you think?

Comment

@jordan It seems that BR makes you jump through a lot of hoops with their coupons especially lately with their mystery deals.

It seems that 30% off Jcrew Sales and Jcrew Factory is pretty common but I agree it has been a while since they have done a all inclusive code.

Comment

I will never buy BR as "nice" clothes...it's Old Navy for crying out loud. And every BR shirt my friend has bought was not worth the insane price tag(same as express and their $70 if you buy 1 shirt) Just ugly ugly clothes that feel cheap. One thing I will say about Tyrwhitt is their fabrics hands down are better than any sub $80 shirt I've looked at/owned.

Comment

I would put Jcrew quality higher than BR, for sure. But not far enough ahead to where Jcrew can never run coupons while BR runs them all the time. Their MSRPs are comparable, only you never have to pay full price at BR cause its always on discount in one way or another.

Plus, in the end, its all about money to the companies...and Gap Inc is smoking JCrew in revenue still, be like 5 times.

shadow - I've never bought BR dress shirts, but i do like their linen shirts and I have a couple nice blazers from them. I find myself only getting certain things from them because the prices on a lot of items never go down far enough. I own a LOT more Jcrew stuff than BR, if that tells you anything.

Comment

Checked my order history with J Crew. From what I can tell the last time they ran a promo on non-sale items was in mid February for 25%. Before that was prior to Christmas for 30%. In all seriousness my wallet cant handle another sale from them right now!

I have decent collection of shirts and pants from BR. And yes, they are under the Gap umbrella along with Old Navy. But they are better in quality and style than Old Navy- imo. When you have one of their credit cards they send you promo codes 2-3 times as often then if you don't. That being said, I don't even bother looking at them if I have at least a 25% coupon.

Comment

@shadow -- For sub-$80, you can get BB non-iron for 3 for $219 (~$73 each) and their quality, at least in my opinion, far surpasses CT shirts.

I don't think I could ever buy BR/JCrew dress clothes nowadays (other than possibly a summer suit, but even then). I know they've expanded their lines, but JCrew used to be a very casual / preppy (and not particularly fashionable) place... back when I liked their clothes and they weren't overpriced as much.

Comment

I might have to go to the other BB store and check out their shirts, the one I was at felt cheap but it was their 346 line. I bet they have better colours etc, 90% of the shirts were stripped which I just started to get away from.

Comment

I think 346 is their cheaper/factory line, so that may be something to do with it. I wouldn't say they they're the highest quality shirt ever made, but I have some from years ago that I wear regularly that stand up to repeated laundering, etc. For me, their slim cut works really well for work shirts, so it's nice to be able to buy them without having to tailor too. Haven't tried their extra slim, but imagine that's prob too small for me.

Comment

The extra slim fits do fit nice, and they are quality shirts. I just get upset at their lack of patterns. Everything seems to either be pinstriped or solid and in only a couple colors.

Comment

Hoping they have a sale soon. Just returned some Factory shirts (which fit like garbage bags) that got back to them just a few days past 60 days so I have a gift card headed my way.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Working...
                              X