• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Right you are, Ken. Huh.

Medium Extra Slim Fit (Fitted)

Neck 16 1/2 (16 1/2)

Sleeve 26 5/8 (34) <-- they can't possibly be measuring the same thing with that

Shoulder 17 3/8 (17 3/4)

Chest 41 1/2 (42 3/4)

Waist 37 3/4 (38 3/4)

They say the ESF is:

-3/8" small across the shoulder than the Fitted

-1 1/4" small in the chest

-1" smaller in the waist

-1" smaller in the sweep (hips)

Interesting! No wonder it fits me so well in the Small Tall ESF! Alright, I stand corrected!

Leave a comment:

• The Dork
    replied

@nick - I don't know if that's true or not on paper, but in practice I've found that to not be the case. The medium Extra Slims are much tighter in the chest and arms compared to the medium Fitted shirts.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

The Dork - if everything but the waist works with the 1MX shirts, why not buy the slimmer fitting Extra Slim Fit shirts? They are identical to the Modern Fit and Fitted shirts, save for the waist.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousJay
    replied

Any more opinions on the LE tailor fit shirts?

Leave a comment:

• The Dork
    replied

Sorry to bump, but I'd like to know where shadow is getting his MTM shirts as well since I'm in the same boat (chest 42" and waist 32").

I usually buy a few 1MX Fitted shirts when they run their buy one get one @ $20 + $60 off $150 coupon deals which brings them out to about $25 a piece. Fit is good in the sleeve length, chest, and shoulders, but the waist is noticeably billowy. My backup option would be Nordstrom Rack shirts for $25-$30.

$25-$30 for the base shirt plus $25 for the tailoring seems like the cheapest way to go, so I'd be interested in what the MTM shirts are costing you.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

@shadow I noticed we both have large drops from chest to waist. What MTM shirts do yo ureccomend and how much $$$ total per shirt do you normally get?

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Jesus Margotron you are like a taller version of me with same measurements almost.

FYI I pretty much just go the MTM route now, not point buying OTR then $25 to have it taken apart.

I think that would work for you as an OTR shirt would be more like a casual length shirt for yourself.For me about 26.5" would be mid crotch and all my CT shirts etc measure 31" length and you're 4" taller

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

I just ordered a shirt with the new "tailored slim" cut. Hoping to find something that fits me off the rack well without extra on tailoring. Chest: 39 Waist: 28. If anyone knows anything that works I'd like to know!

Leave a comment:

• sarfaraz
    replied

Interesting thread here! Has mentioned everyone except I'd like to hear more about BR's new tailored slim line if anyone has any experiences with that.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

My BB ESF 14.5/34 shirt measures 37" at the waist. It's right up there with Express's ESF and a touch tighter than Ratio's Slim Fit.

Leave a comment:

• Mugen Power
    replied

Does anyone have actual measurements of the BB extra slim fit shirts? They only go by letter sizing and their size charts aren't too clear.

Leave a comment:

• Margotron
    replied

Any consensus on the slimmest shirt made? I am in a similar boat as shad0w

6'4"

36" sleeve

40-41" chest

32" belly betton

30" waist

I need some tailoring, badly, on the shirts I own.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Jessy - They just don't have my size. If they have your size, you'll probably find them slim enough.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy B.
    replied

Anyone know how the CT tailored fit compares to the BB extra slim? The BB extra-slim fits me like a glove. I have some of the CT slim fits that needed a trip to the tailor before they were wearable. For reference I am 16" neck/33" sleeve/41" chest/34" at belly button/32" at waist.

Leave a comment:

• jessy_diamond
    replied

@nicholas : So I guess I'll be swimming in it ? I saw one on eBay and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to bid on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X