Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you wear you sunnies when inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you wear you sunnies when inside?

With summer here, I am wearing sunglasses more and more. The challenge is where to put them when going indoors. There is this handy reference:

https://dappered.com/2013/07/where-t...ou-go-indoors/

But what are you guys doing?

I usually have the case with me, so I'll put them in their case and carry them. Granted it isn't the best, and I'm always worried of setting the glasses/case down somewhere and forgetting them, but that's been what works for me. In a pinch I'll hang them from my shirt too.

If you don't need prescription lenses I can't recommend these enough https://www.amazon.com/Distil-Union-...S9H28Z6J4EPJAQ My wife got the wayferer and loves them.

They aren't thick enough for prescription lenses but the mag lock in the frames holds onto your shirt/pocket really well. Also the scratch resistance holds up to getting hit by the occasional hammer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zDsCHeFDM6E About 2:56 into the vid
    Last edited by Dun; May 15, 2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If I'm wearing a suit jacket I'll slide one arm into a lower front pocket (I leave the lower pockets stitched closed). In casual clothes I usually carry the case, but if I can't (say playing golf and grabbing something at the 10th tee shop) I usually hook an arm into a front pants pocket (if the opening is horizontal) or through my belt.

Part of that is all my sunglasses have a noticeable curve, so putting them in a shirt pocket or hanging them from the collar is uncomfortable.

Comment

I bring the case, or if they will be off only shortly, stick an arm into a pocket (chest if available).

Comment

I leave them in the car most of the time but if I bring them in I just hook them on my shirt collar or put them in a chest pocket.

Comment

I usually wear prescription glasses/sunglasses, so I typically have to switch when going in/out. I usually have the other pair in a fabric case in my pocket. However, on days when I'm wearing contacts and only sunglasses, I usually just hang them from my shirt collar/placket for short times, or i'll just put them in the case/pocket for a longer stint indoors.

Comment

Formal dress like work? I usually leave in the car or case in my work bag.

Informal. On top of my head. I don’t want to crunch the glasses in a pocket and hate having stuffed pockets.

Comment

How else...

Comment

I usually put them in my pants pocket, so that only one leg is inside , and the rest of the glasses are out, I believe that is mentioned as well in Dappered chart.

I know there is potential for glasses to fall off, but honestly I never lost or even dropped a pair.

Now, that can depend on the size of your pockets, shorts, and pants etc..I wear mostly JC shorts and pants, and glasses seem to stay put.

Comment

If I'm doing temporarily, I go for outside chest pocket of my suit jacket/sportcoat if I'm wearing one, with one of the arms stuck out (and down) from the pocket. I do this because with some jackets the pocket is deep enough to have the glasses go far in and be hard to get out when I need them. I prefer this to other pockets because I often have other stuff in those (my phone, my headphones (airpod case), keys, etc.) that could ding them up.

Comment

At a trade show today, wearing a sport coat and no pocket square. That pocket was perfect. Saw a guy there in chinos and blazer with wraparound Oakley’s on the back of his head, and it made me remember this thread. He went full Fieri.

Comment

Originally posted by Dun View Post
                        If you don't need prescription lenses I can't recommend these enough https://www.amazon.com/Distil-Union-...S9H28Z6J4EPJAQ My wife got the wayferer and loves them.

They aren't thick enough for prescription lenses but the mag lock in the frames holds onto your shirt/pocket really well. Also the scratch resistance holds up to getting hit by the occasional hammer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zDsCHeFDM6E About 2:56 into the vid

way too worried about the magnets fucking with my watch lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                          way too worried about the magnets fucking with my watch lol
                          I’ve gotta doubt that, what I’m assuming a high end watch, it has loose bits in it?

Comment

Working...
                          X