Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Express Performance Polo Shrinkage?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Express Performance Polo Shrinkage?

    What's everyone's experience with the Express Performance Polos? I loved the style and fit in the photo on the recent Polopalooza post. I'm 5'10" 200lbs like Joe, but just a little less fit than he is. While a large fits my torso well, it's definitely snug in the sleeves and across the shoulders. As-is, I like the fit, but I'm worried that if it shrinks up after the first wash it will be too tight.

    Joe's photo from the Polopalooza post for reference.

  • #2
    Mine haven't shrunk.

    Did you try one on? I would think a large would be pretty tight on 200lbs. I'm the same height, 170, and a large is a fairly trim fit on me. A medium in some of the express polos would look painted on me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
      Mine haven't shrunk.

      Did you try one on? I would think a large would be pretty tight on 200lbs. I'm the same height, 170, and a large is a fairly trim fit on me. A medium in some of the express polos would look painted on me.
      Yeah, I have two with the tags still on, debating sending them back. I'm worried that an XL will be huge. I'll post a pic with it on after work.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have two, they never really shrunk on me. And I'm hyper aware since I'm 6'2 but wear a Large. any shrinkage will make them too short.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just went ahead and ordered a few XLs to compare. I'll take some comparison photos when they arrive.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mine have shrunk. Not horrifically, but enough to be noticeable.

            Comment


            • #7
              So the XLs fit well in the chest and shoulders, but were waaaay too long and baggy. The Large was too tight in the chest and shoulders but draped well around my sides. Strangely, I also found the armholes to be way too low and made the shirt pull funny. I returned them all.

              Then I checked out the Goodfellows Target polos. Joe gave them "Best in Show" during Polopalooza, and I can see why. The fabric was nearly as nice as the BR Lux Touch and the fit of a medium was perfect for me. The Large was just a bit too boxy, but with the stretchy fabric, the medium was a winner. I highly recommend them!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by joegeis View Post
                So the XLs fit well in the chest and shoulders, but were waaaay too long and baggy. The Large was too tight in the chest and shoulders but draped well around my sides. Strangely, I also found the armholes to be way too low and made the shirt pull funny. I returned them all.

                Then I checked out the Goodfellows Target polos. Joe gave them "Best in Show" during Polopalooza, and I can see why. The fabric was nearly as nice as the BR Lux Touch and the fit of a medium was perfect for me. The Large was just a bit too boxy, but with the stretchy fabric, the medium was a winner. I highly recommend them!
                I purchased 3 pairs of them a few weeks ago. I really love the fit and fabric. They also breathe well enough that I was comfortable wearing one on a 88 degree New Orleans afternoon.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I haven't noticed any shrinking, really. I'm 170lbs and 5'10" and have three polos in medium. It's quite a slim fit, but it works fine with me. If it were to shrink there would maybe be a problem, though. I've probably washed each about 3 or 4 times at this point. Still all good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I must be shaped funny or something! The fit was all wrong for me, but I'm glad they worked for you guys. They seemed like high quality items.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by joegeis View Post
                      I must be shaped funny or something! The fit was all wrong for me, but I'm glad they worked for you guys. They seemed like high quality items.
                      Everyone is shaped differently. The express polos literally fit me like bespoke - I don't think it's possible to create a better fitting, more flattering polo for my body. However, some of the brands on here that many love are just "meh" on me, so go figure.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have two of the Express performance polos from last year. I'm not sure much has changed with them since then. One (a blue one) seems to have held up better than the other (a white one) in terms of shrinking, so I have to assume some user error there on the laundry situation.
                        I'm 5'11 195lbs with pretty broad shoulders and chest. The ones I have are larges. The white one looks like a BJJ rash guard now. I really don't know what happened to it. It's still super stretchy, but it definitely isn't wearable for me any longer. Blue one is still fine. Slim but fits fine.
                        I tried on the XLs this year and noticed the same thing around the really low arm holes. They were just way too big and were definitely too long.
                        I'm a huge fan of the standard fit BR Luxe Touch polos in large. Haven't found anything that fits me better. Normally I need a slim fit to handle the taper to my waist, but I've found the standard fits from BR drape just fine and the slim fits are just too slim in the chest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ParkerRiley View Post
                          I have two of the Express performance polos from last year. I'm not sure much has changed with them since then. One (a blue one) seems to have held up better than the other (a white one) in terms of shrinking, so I have to assume some user error there on the laundry situation.
                          I'm 5'11 195lbs with pretty broad shoulders and chest. The ones I have are larges. The white one looks like a BJJ rash guard now. I really don't know what happened to it. It's still super stretchy, but it definitely isn't wearable for me any longer. Blue one is still fine. Slim but fits fine.
                          I tried on the XLs this year and noticed the same thing around the really low arm holes. They were just way too big and were definitely too long.
                          I'm a huge fan of the standard fit BR Luxe Touch polos in large. Haven't found anything that fits me better. Normally I need a slim fit to handle the taper to my waist, but I've found the standard fits from BR drape just fine and the slim fits are just too slim in the chest.
                          You sound like you're somewhat similar dimensions to me (I'm about 6'1 195) and I really want to like BR Luxe Touch Polos, I usually go for a Slim Cut, Large Tall which is almost perfect, but they have elastic around the sleeves and I work out quite a lot (it's not like I'm sporting cannons though) but the elastic sleeves make it look like I'm trying to wear under armour.

                          Do you have any kind of issue like this with Standard fits? I wonder if the sleeve openings are narrower on the Slim cuts?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by identitycrisis View Post
                            You sound like you're somewhat similar dimensions to me (I'm about 6'1 195) and I really want to like BR Luxe Touch Polos, I usually go for a Slim Cut, Large Tall which is almost perfect, but they have elastic around the sleeves and I work out quite a lot (it's not like I'm sporting cannons though) but the elastic sleeves make it look like I'm trying to wear under armour.

                            Do you have any kind of issue like this with Standard fits? I wonder if the sleeve openings are narrower on the Slim cuts?
                            I do feel like I recall the slim fit sleeve openings feeling tighter, but I haven't measured to confirm. The tightness in the chest and shoulders is what made the slims a no-go for me. I have stupid long arms (36in sleeve) so I don't have much bulk there. That may be a significant difference in our frames that makes the elastic too restrictive for you but mostly a non issue for me. I do find myself stretching the sleeve elastic a little right when I put the standard fit on, but beyond that I haven't found it to be an issue.

                            Joe's arms are definitely thicker than mine and he tried a large slim in the polopalooza post. That fit looks fine to me. Do they fit tighter on you than this:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ParkerRiley View Post
                              I do feel like I recall the slim fit sleeve openings feeling tighter, but I haven't measured to confirm. The tightness in the chest and shoulders is what made the slims a no-go for me. I have stupid long arms (36in sleeve) so I don't have much bulk there. That may be a significant difference in our frames that makes the elastic too restrictive for you but mostly a non issue for me. I do find myself stretching the sleeve elastic a little right when I put the standard fit on, but beyond that I haven't found it to be an issue.

                              Joe's arms are definitely thicker than mine and he tried a large slim in the polopalooza post. That fit looks fine to me. Do they fit tighter on you than this:

                              My fit is similar to Joe's fit, perhaps a tad bit more snug. Joe looks like he's fitting in there pretty tight in that particular image as you can see it stretching from his shoulder, but I agree it still looks good.

                              I may just have to order both and try again. I have 43" chest and 33" waist so I'd like the Slim to work.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X