Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy the majority of your casual clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pesape View Post
    Most of my stuff - nicer and casual is Bonobos. I like their tailor stretch chinos for pants. I've tried their jeans, but I didn't like them, so the jeans I have our 7's (though I rarely wear jeans anymore for some reason). I have a lot of their washed button downs, but the newer ones seem to be dipping in quality, so I've been on the look out for a new brand for these type of shirts. I have a probably 5 of their Riviera shirts too.
    Of my casual wear, I think the chinos are the only item that I will pay full price for (even then I prefer not to). I have a Guideshop by me, that I'll check out from time to and get a few items during their 50% final sale sales. Over the winter, I picked up like 4 shirts (3 washed button downs, 1 Riviera) for less than $100. Retail was over $350 on those.
    For shirts - I've been wearing Vineyard Vines breaker shorts. They are their tech ones. I like the fit and look. Look like normal shorts but as comfortable as gym shorts.
    Was this an end of year/holiday sale? I'd like to do an initial purchase of several items and get the 20% on a larger order, but I'm wondering if waiting of a sale might be the better way to go.

Comment

Suitsupply, Bonobos, Allen Edmonds, Kamakura.

Comment

Jeans - Levi's - 3 pairs of 501s though I am eyeing some Blackhorse Lane jeans
        Shirts - S&M for anything with buttons. T-shirts are a mix of misc. cotton ones and LuLuLemon
        Shorts - I tend to wear my black running shorts in the summer. I have some JCF ones from a while ago but don't wear them much

Interesting to see the mix here. JCF still getting a lot of play.

Comment

Lots of Bonobos, bunch of Jcrew, some BR, a dash of Express, plus a smattering of other random stuff! (Gustin, Gap, Old Navy, etc.) Shoes are mostly AE.

Comment

Originally posted by markm View Post
            Was this an end of year/holiday sale? I'd like to do an initial purchase of several items and get the 20% on a larger order, but I'm wondering if waiting of a sale might be the better way to go.
            I don't think it was tied to an end of year or holiday sale. I could be wrong, but I feel like they somewhat randomly do final sales. I'm sure they are trying to clear out seasonal items.
            I looked at my order history, and the 4 shirt order was from mid/late March. I'm guessing the three washed button downs were more of their "winter" style though two of them are really just the ol' standard red check shirts. One does have like deer on it or something, so that is likely a winter one. The Riviera was probably a hold over from the previous spring/summer. Those are interesting shirts, but very specific and a bit pricey for what they are and the likely limited wear rate (if you see someone you don't see often in it twice, they will notice), so I'm guessing they have a decent stockpile they need to rid themselves of each season.
            Big caveat on final sales. They are truly final - no returns. You better only buy stuff that you know will fit, and that you know you like. I have enough of their clothes that I know what will work. The cheapness of the final sale has allowed me to take some chances though. I feel like their quality control has been shitty for the past couple of years leading to the same shirt/same size not fitting the same as others. All three of those washed shirts are slim fit mediums. The deer one is noticeably different in the fit. You'd think it was closer to the tailored fit. I got it for like $20-$25, so I can deal with not loving the fit. I would have returned it if it wasn't on final sale.

Comment

Jeans - BR, Bonobos and Lucky Brand
              T-shirts and henleys - Buck Mason, Bonobos and jcrew
              Button Shirts - BR, Bonobos, Jcrew and a couple from Grand Frank
              Shorts - Bonobos (I like their slim fit shorts. Most brands are too wide in the legs for my taste). A few pairs of Lucky Brand Jorts (a fashion faux pas, I know)
              Shoes - Crown Northampton, Oliver Cabell, Greats (I have a big weakness for minimalist sneakers) and Chuck Taylors.
              Swim wear - Bonobos

Comment

Most of my casual pants are from Gap and ON. Most of my shirts are from LL Bean. One of these days I'm going to visit a Brooks Brothers, figure out my fit, and drop some coin on a collection of OCBDs, but it hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Interesting to see SuSu and AE showing up for casual.

I need to figure out a path for OCBDs again too. Had been ordering them from Ratio (same as my dress shirts), but have never been fully satisfied with their collars.

Comment

My office started allowing jeans everyday so now my on and off duty wardrobe is the same. Macys, BB, Polo, BR, plus football and band t-shirts.

My daily uniform,regardless of situation, is chinos/jeans, polo/button down, and light unconstructed blazer. Shorts are worn infrequently but when I do they're cut off chinos from the same brands.

Comment

Depends on the kind of casual we're talking here.

My work allows pretty much anything, but I've started doing what I consider a more dressy casual (button-down shirts/polos/etc, with chinos or jeans mostly; no graphic t-shirts). For this, there's no real majority, but more of a mix of Gap, BR, Bonobos, JCrew, Target and Uniqlo. Denim is usually Levi's or Gustin.

Weekend casual, it's either BR Travelers or shorts from Target mostly. Shirts tend to be either band tshirts bought at concerts or shirts from my favorite sports teams (the Indians in baseball and Niners in football).

Comment

JCrew and Banana Republic probably make up 90% of my wardrobe period, with a few items from Uniqlo, Target, and Abercrombie.

Comment

My casual wardrobe is all over the place tbh. I've got t-shirts from J.Crew and Lululemon, polos from Kent Wang and S&M, henleys and shorts and SS shirts from Target/Goodfellow, jeans from Levi's and Prana, chinos from Eddie Bauer, swimwear from Sundek. I guess Target predominates mostly by virtue of being cheap and convenient (I can try on and buy things in-person rather than ordering online like I have to do with most brands).
                          Ben

Comment

A plurality of my weekend casual stuff comes from J.Crew. Hits the sweet spot of being a step up from low end (especially the Wallace and Barnes stuff) but not super expensive - shirts, jackets of various types, and casual sportcoats. For example, I’m wearing a Wallace and Barnes made-in-the-USA Type II selvedge trucker most days lately. I always get stuff on sale, of course...

Otherwise it’s miscellaneous but consistent - stand up shorts from Patagonia, Adidas BW Army or Onitsuka Tiger Colorado 85 sneakers, Levis 501 rigid shrink-to-fit denim. But J.Crew is the common thread for me.
                            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                              JCrew and Banana Republic probably make up 90% of my wardrobe period, with a few items from Uniqlo, Target, and Abercrombie.
                              Uniqlo is starting to make up more and more of my wardrobe.

I see a some love on here for S&M shirts, which makes me think I need to give them a try. Especially now that Joe has indicated they are having a 10a. sale going on.

Comment

i think it's nearly all j crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X