Tech short option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech short option?

So I tried on some j crew factory tech shorts and I am a fan. They seem to be excluded from every recent promo though and hover at $30. I am not opposed to $30 but I try to be as frugal a shopper as I can so I thought I would ask around a little for other options. Anybody found anything in the $20 range that was acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    So I tried on some j crew factory tech shorts and I am a fan. They seem to be excluded from every recent promo though and hover at $30. I am not opposed to $30 but I try to be as frugal a shopper as I can so I thought I would ask around a little for other options. Anybody found anything in the $20 range that was acceptable?
    Not sure if these hit your price point, but:
    Champion C9 from Target.
    Lots of stuff at Sierra Trading Post.

Comment

If you want casual shorts made of tech material, my favorite are the Core Temp shorts from Banana Republic. They are offered in a variety of lengths (I like the short ones!). They are pricey at $69.50, but Banana is almost always running a 40-50 percent off sale. If you have a Banana Credit card, you can get an additional 10 (sometimes 20) percent off. Granted, sometimes the Core Temp stuff is excluded from the sale, but often (like last week) it is not.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...0&pcid=1020051

Comment

I'm wearing my first pair of Core Temp chinos today for the first time. If the trousers are any indication, I will soon be buying ALL of the core temp shorts. They are exactly as Joe has advertised on the site.

Comment

I got a coupon in the mail so I picked up a few pair of the J Crew Factory this weekend. It put them at around $24 a pair. I like them so far. At some point I will get coretemps too, just to compare.

Comment

I bought a pair of the Old Navy tech shorts. I have worn them once and they are great. Currently they are 30% off. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...26072&pcid=999
            Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

I’m happy with these from Amazon Essentials: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFGR71K..._ooG4CbF10B9R2

They’re sturdy with a bit of stretch and aren’t uncomfortable to move around in (squatting, etc.).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I took 3 pair down to Florida this weekend for a long weekend focused on my daughters college graduation. I was already a fan of them but came home a huge fan. I didn't swim in them yet but wearing them at the beach and around the pool, in 90 degree super humid weather, and in the car for 10 hours of driving...they were great. Getting splashed didnt soak me for hours, coffee spill wiped right off, and they dewrinkled easy from being shoved in my weekend backpack. I am fully on board this "tech material" explosion for anyone leading an active lifestyle or living in hot humid climates. I also wear them around the house a lot now because they dont pick up dog hair and are just as comfortable as my gym shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                  I bought a pair of the Old Navy tech shorts. I have worn them once and they are great. Currently they are 30% off. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...26072&pcid=999
                  I am going to keep an eye on the sales and snag some of these I think. Good looking out.

Comment

I took 3 pair down to Florida this weekend for a long weekend focused on my daughters college graduation. I was already a fan of them but came home a huge fan.
                    The JCF ones?

I am going to keep an eye on the sales and snag some of these I think. Good looking out.
                    But those are nearly 80% cotton. I seriously doubt they will have the properties you're looking for, compared to the nylon/elastane JCF ones.

Has anyone tried the Target Goodfellow Hybrid Swim Shorts for this purpose?

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=...+hybrid+shorts

They look promising.

Comment

Just following up on this after a little over a month with these shorts. I bought 3 pair of the 9' because colors were limited at the store. I have barely worn any other shorts since. I even went swimming int hem. They were serviceable for that. I just got a "happy birthday" $25 off of $25 purchase so I want to get some more. I also had a $10 reward. So I decided to try 7' this time. Those would work better for hiking and swimming I think. We will see. $15 out of pocket for 2 pair...hard to beat that.

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I'm guessing you went for the Old Navy shorts? Based on the price and the frequency of the sales, it seems to me like those are a good deal/plan. I might have to keep an eye open myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I'm guessing you went for the Old Navy shorts? Based on the price and the frequency of the sales, it seems to me like those are a good deal/plan. I might have to keep an eye open myself.
                          I did the J crew Factory but am going to take a look at the Old Navy. My Cousin actually bought some Wrangler tech shorts from walmart or Target and likes them for chasing around his two kids. I was going to give them a shot for camping because of the price but the recent JCF score was even cheaper so I stuck with the known quantity.

Comment

We get screwed on the store options here in Canada. No JCF. No Target. And very few JC since they shuttered many of the brick and mortar stores around here.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              We get screwed on the store options here in Canada. No JCF. No Target. And very few JC since they shuttered many of the brick and mortar stores around here.
                              JCF exists in Canada, although rare and never outside the major population centres. Usually found in purpose-built outlet malls in the suburbs. There's one near Vancouver, one in Edmonton, four near Toronto, another near Ottawa, and unlike Target shipping is done in-country.

The price differential is bloody annoying though, since they still charge online in USD but then hike the prices shown to Canadians. Even with a JCF nearby, and the cost of using a package receiving service, it's still often cheaper to buy off the US site (well, by phone, the US site can't accept Canadian credit cards) and then drive across the border to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X