Wedding suit rental or purchase- dark green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding suit rental or purchase- dark green

Getting married in about a year (march/april 2020). Been to many weddings at this point and haven't seen anyone rock the dark green suit.
    I think this look https://stitchandtie.com/green-notch-lapel-suit is pretty fresh and different.
    I'm on east coast but the company is based on the west coast and their site doesn't seem to comply for this suit (for a few week out rental test, or for closer to the actual date.

Want to get thoughts on the look and if anyone knows of a place on the east coast that does rentals or potentially buy one like it (<$350).
    Went to Jos A bank and Mens Ware house and was not surprised when i found they didn't do rentals of this color.

I had a similar suit to that color from Ralph Lauren about 8 years ago. I think I got it from Macy’s.

Is it an outdoor wedding? If so, something to consider would be the lack of contrast with any green outdoor backgrounds.

To me it is a little informal for your wedding but I know the trend is going that way.

Comment

what a horrible suit color!

you're sure to never have a need to wear it again.

Comment

90% sure it will be indoors, but i do hear what you are saying.

I was thinking if its dark enough then it could be a little classier. green can get real informal real quick. I came across a dark green suit with a black collar and it looked a little more formal.
        the site seems ok to look at, not sure i would order from here https://www.suitusa.com/tuxedos/3016...yABEgLVa_D_BwE or this https://www.mensitaly.com/products.a...CABEgLHAvD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
          what a horrible suit color!

you're sure to never have a need to wear it again.
          Thank you Evan!

Comment

Uh, Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
              Uh, Christmas?
              you could wear them with the jingle bell moc's?

Comment

I'm curious why you are so focused on a green suit? Green is, in my experience, definitely not a colour common to the business world. Of the items you have listed, you'll likely wear the item once and then it will spend the rest of its days in the back of your clsoet.

If you're set on green, then my advice is rent. If you want a suit that you'll wear again after the wedding, I'd be looking for another colour.

Comment

Funny timing:

https://dieworkwear.com/post/1845873...sy-being-green

I think you can do green if you want to. I would recommend trying to be a little more classy, and less flashy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                    Funny timing:

https://dieworkwear.com/post/1845873...sy-being-green

I think you can do green if you want to. I would recommend trying to be a little more classy, and less flashy.
                    My second or third suit was like those (esp the one of the guy with the dogs) - a Brooks Bros summer suit. Actually got married (at the Municipal Building in Lower Manhattan) in that suit.

Comment

Be careful about renting, especially if you don't fit really well into standard sizes/cuts. Fit is more important than colour, and I assume you can't really adjust a rental.

That said, green can be great. Banana Republic had a swell green linen-cotton suit in 2017, in that price bracket -- GQ has an article on it. And here's someone who wore green to a wedding: https://www.articlesofstyle.com/articles/post/77584 .

Just make sure you're being married for more than your greens!

Comment

Originally posted by liontime19 View Post
                        Getting married in about a year (march/april 2020). Been to many weddings at this point and haven't seen anyone rock the dark green suit.
                        I think this look https://stitchandtie.com/green-notch-lapel-suit is pretty fresh and different.
                        That's a gorgeous colour and would look fantastic on a car; actually, I think Toyota just came out with a limited edition GT86 in that colour.

The problem is that it's quite vibrant, despite the dark shade. Green will already stand out, and that particular blue-based tone will do so even more. It's a statement piece so you have to decide if you want to draw attention every time you wear it. In a creative industry where nobody would blink at white sneakers and a suit you could get away with it. Anyplace expecting more formality or less individual expression than that, and you're a sore thumb.

Comment

Hi. I don't know you, but I did get married once (and still am, almost 21 years later). Try to keep in mind that this day is going to be memorialized in photos and on video, and of course online. Your family and friends are going to be there, as well as your spouse's family and friends. Think about the impression you're going to leave on your guests, some of whom you don't really know. If you feel, deep down, that a green suit is the way you want to go, then do it, but maybe try to find a way to get just what you want. It may be worth it go to custom-made if you can find a way to do it that's within your budget. I bought a suit and shoes (total almost $800, back in 1998) because I wanted to look right.

Comment

Originally posted by the passenger View Post
                            Hi. I don't know you, but I did get married once (and still am, almost 21 years later). Try to keep in mind that this day is going to be memorialized in photos and on video, and of course online. Your family and friends are going to be there, as well as your spouse's family and friends. Think about the impression you're going to leave on your guests, some of whom you don't really know. If you feel, deep down, that a green suit is the way you want to go, then do it, but maybe try to find a way to get just what you want. It may be worth it go to custom-made if you can find a way to do it that's within your budget. I bought a suit and shoes (total almost $800, back in 1998) because I wanted to look right.
                            I appreciate the advice. always good to get that perspective. I think i threw people off with the first pick, but also have realize over the last couple days that I am looking for a VERY dark green. in that it would be tough to tell its green in certain lighting. My goal is not to pop at the wedding but maybe spark a "hey is that green?"

Comment

I personally like the dark green suit look, but there are not many options out there. It's honestly a little less played out version of the midnight blue wedding tux craze over the past few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X