Indochino Father's Day Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indochino Father's Day Promo

Still nervous about pulling the trigger on Indochino in lieu of mixed reviews. However, there is a deal through a third party for a suit, tie and shirt for $320. Expires in a week and am not sure whether Indochino will still provide the guarantees and tailoring credit if purchased through a third party vendor. I've written them to see.

http://rewards.thrillist.com/deal/10...20DAY%20-%20AH

It makes me cringe a bit that they referred to Indochino as bespoke... But either way, please post back and let us know what Indochino says about that guarantee and tailoring credit. I'm really considering jumping on this one.

Comment

Yeah, it ain't bespoke. They wrote back and said their perfect fit promise stands with this purchase, tailoring credit, remake suit if need be, etc.

I think I'm going to take the blunge. Coupons and codes for Indochino are scarce lately.

Comment

So uh, what's the difference between MTM and bespoke, exactly? This isn't the first time I've seen this come up.

Comment

Good question. I always thought bespoke involved an in-person fitting and MTM the measurements were just conveyed to the manufacturer.

Comment

A true bespoke suit is measured professionally in a real time fitting and can include 40+ measurements. Often it will take 2-3 fittings before the suit can even be started.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

In the short, bespoke would be something completely custom designed for you whereas made to measure takes a pattern snd alters it to fit you. If you've ever been in a fabric store (or lots of thrift stores) and seen the patterns they sell? If you go bespoke, they're going to make one of those for you. If you go MTM they are going to take one of those that are pre-made and tweak it to best fit you.

Comment

Exactly what Vespa said. Think of it as the difference between a suit that is designed *for you* down to the smallest detail, a truly unique creation, versus a suit that is simply manufactured to your size specifications from a pre-existing design.

I think I may take the plunge as well, Prince of Wales here I come!

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks a lot for the clarification. Both seem preferable to OTR but obviously bespoke seems like it's going to be a much better fit (and perhaps much less prone to getting bad fits even with your measurements? This seems like a problem Indochino has run into).

Comment

If you're on Dappered, you're probably not going to be buying true bespoke suits. True bespoke will probably run you what? $4k+? TDig is correct that it would involve multiple fittings that will absolutely guarantee the suit fits you.

The problem with indochino, and all of these online suit makers, is 1.) That you are measuring yourself so its very possible to not measure accurately or make a mistake and 2.) You are submitting ambiguous measurements that can't fully explain your exact body and is then interpreted by the tailor into how the pattern needs to be adjusted. Thats why they provide the $75 tailoring credit and remakes. Once you get your measurements dialed in though, subsequent ordering should be easy - especially since Indochino fabric is laser cut by a computer now.

I heard something about the Brooks Brothers flagship in NYC offering a MTM program where they scan your body with a 3D scanner?

Comment

@Vespa - Some of that risk is removed if you just have your tailor measure you, or at least another person so that you aren't doing it yourself. Good communication with their concierge can mitigate this as well if you have some sort of special request: less waist suppression, more natural shoulders, etc. Plus, as you rightly mentioned, there's the tailoring credit.

So, to sum up, an excellent thing to try if you've already got a suit to wear and have no pressing need for a suit within a month or so to allow for the creation and inevitable minor alterations of the suit. You're risking relatively little in the way of monetary investment with the potential for a fantastically well-fitting suit, or your money back in the event of a poorly fitting garment.

Comment

Sabirs (mensstylepro) post today has me convinced to pull the trigger and give indo a try with this deal...definitely going to head to a tailor though for my measurements.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Anyone interested in the article tdig referenced, here it is: http://mensstylepro.com/2012/06/14/n...-by-indochino/

Comment

That looks great:

Too bad he can't tie a tie

Pants are wayyyy too short

Wtf is this no socks thing when wearing a 3 piece...or even a suit?!

The whole canvas sneekers and a suit looks like it's meant to be a joke....or so I hope.

and holy ugly black shoes that look like slippers with a buckle

Comment

Sabir can do that because he's that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X