Well Fitting and Inexpensive Shorts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Fitting and Inexpensive Shorts?

I'm having difficulty looking for shorts which both fit well and are priced well. Looking for various types of shorts to spice up my summer wardrobe, such as chino, seersucker, and madras. Can someone help me?

http://www.target.com/c/shorts-clothing-men/-/N-5xu27#navigation=true&viewType=large&sortBy=bestse lling&minPrice=from&maxPrice=to&isleaf=true&naviga tionPath=5xu27&parentCategoryId=9976695&facetedVal ue=/-/N-5xu27Z56gu3&RatingFacet=0

Any of those currently priced at $20.

I bought the pincords last week, about 9-inch inseam and fit just like my jcrew factory gramercys. I LOVE them.

Comment

^^^ what chris said. I have the red chambray, the pincord and the madras. love the fit.

Comment

Chris and Juan are right on target. I picked up the red chambray shorts a couple of weeks ago and I just bought the seersucker ones. FWIW, I have tree trunk legs and these fit well (they hit at the top of/right above my knees). I also have the LEC Beachside Linen Shorts that Joe featured a little while back and those are worth it if you can catch them on sale.

Comment

I've had good luck at Gap and LEC in addition to Target. Most of my shorts come from those 3 stores. In past years, Gap has had many decent ones. I haven't looked this year.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just an FYI, using the code TGTQXT3X + the current sale at target (buy 3 get everything 15% off), I was able to get 3 pairs of shorts for 42 shipped. Happy hunting!

The code expires June 13th.

Comment

I just picked several pairs of shorts from Macys. Lots of good choices, 20% off, and free shipping.

Comment

Imo, Target shorts aren't the best fit for the money. They are a little long and baggy for my preference. I prefer a shorter, crisper fit. I would spend a little extra on Gap shorts or wait for a sale. Ultimately, try on several pairs and see what works for you because we all have different tastes and legs.

Comment

Check out H&M if you are lucky to be in their area. Bought 2 pairs for 12$ each and another for 24$. The 12$ pairs aren't the greatest quality but the fit is great. And the 24$ definitely would be 50-60$ with a different label.

Comment

Target merona shorts are what I like. They are tailored fit so I went up a size being that I wanted a slightly baggier fit. They are on sale for $20. I'm going to pick up this pair this week http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-short-red-chambray/-/A-13887190

These shorts only cost $20 and look like they are worth triple. My merona seersucker shorts look just as nice as expensive ones.

Comment

I know its not a popular brand here, but I bought a pair of shorts from Hollister this year when they were on sale for $20 and they have about a 7 or 8 inch inseam and fit decently trim, while having none of the bulky cargo pockets or distressing I associate with the band. Only downside is a small seagull on the waistband, but I'm not planning on tucking in my shirts so whatever.

Comment

PSA: The Merona shorts from Target are not vanity sized. You'll likely be wearing much closer to your true waist size.

Comment

What size would I be in the target shorts if I'm a 31-32" waist? Medium?

Comment

I had to get the Merona Seeksuckers in 33" but the dark blue flat fronts in 32". The seersuckers are tailored fit and the flat fronts are regular fit so keep that in mind. I'll probably pick up the Mossimo shorts in red as I prefer the brighter shade to the Merona ones.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I am way late to the convo, but for the sake of posterity, I may as well update this thread with my findings. Here goes:

Back in June, I took the advice above and checked out what Target had to offer. Alas, a 30" waist was not to be found. The cut looked overly baggy anyway, like something from the mid-90s.

While on vacation, I hit up an outlet mall and discovered some good-looking shorts at the Banana Republic Factory Outlet in my ideal size (29"). Pictured below, the leg openings measure 9.5" for the checks and 10" for the solid. All inseams measure 11". The solid cost $24 but the checks were $15.

Comment

Working...
                              X