Grooming - Managing straight hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grooming - Managing straight hair

Any fellows with straight hair care to describe products and grooming ideas? I keep my hair short, shampoo with Paul Mitchell's Shampoo One, have been using Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (leave-in conditioner), and style with FX Special Effects Pomade Molding Wax. Been using all three for years, and am relatively pleased. Would love to hear what others here use.

Man, I wish I had the ease of straight hair. This curly nest up here can be a real pain to tame.

Comment

I've used this same pomade for nearly a decade, and I have the straightest, thickest hair on earth. It emulsifies in your hand and it gives great texture and control without gunking up, stiffening up, or looking like gel. 10/10

Comment

Mag- The funny thing about that, is I'd bet most men with straight hair, myself very much included, would do anything for hair that would do SOMETHING. Have a little wave, or curl to it. Tired of it just laying there without using a styling product.

Eddy- Do you use a leave-in conditioner? What do you do with your hair for casual events a la going to the gym or grabbing a morning coffee?

Comment

As someone from Italian and "black" Irish decent I have the thickest and straightest hair imaginable. This has forced me to go through most of my life with either a shaved head or the little bangs pushed up in front, very junior high, style. I've recently been looking for something more mature and think I may have to drag myself to a "hairdresser."

Comment

if y'all are in anything resembling a creative profession, you definitely gotta go with the longer hair.

Comment

@mikesam:

I've never used leave-in conditioner; in fact, I usually only break the shampoo out every other day.

I sleep on my back, which means that when I wake up to hit the gym or run a morning errand, my hair is usually in the same shape it was when I fell asleep. The only time it gets out of order and needs attention is when it gets wet and the pomade is washed out.

Comment

Working...
              X