Presentation attire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presentation attire

Hello everyone, I’m a high school senior doing a presentation in front of my class and I’m debating whether I should have a gray pinstripe double breasted jacket and dress it down with navy chinos or use a single breasted navy blazer with green chinos. Suggestions are appreciated.

If the pinstripe jacket is the top part of a suit, I definitely wouldn't do that.

Comment

I would agree to pass on the double breasted jacket, regardless of it being a suit jacket. That’s a very bold jacket to wear. The navy jacket with green pants would be a better option if it’s not an orphaned suit jacket as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Single breasted blazer and the green chinos if that's what you have. Hopefully no sneakers.

Comment

Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
          I would agree to pass on the double breasted jacket, regardless of it being a suit jacket. That’s a very bold jacket to wear. The navy jacket with green pants would be a better option if it’s not an orphaned suit jacket as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He's a high school young man making a presentation. I think it's ok if he uses an orphaned suit jacket.

Comment

i'd also pass on the double breasted jacket for a high school presentation, seems a bit overkill. A single breasted navy jacket will look great for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
              He's a high school young man making a presentation. I think it's ok if he uses an orphaned suit jacket.
              I agree here. I wouldnt stress too much over it if those are the 2 choices.

Comment

If you want to do the pinstripe, then I'd wear it as a full suit. Otherwise, I think the chinos/blazer will look great. Best of luck on the presentation!

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  I agree here. I wouldnt stress too much over it if those are the 2 choices.
                  For his situation, if the jacket even sort of fits, if he manages to wear something remotely resembling a dress shoe with a belt that at least sort of matches, and if he wears anything other than a t-shirt under it, he's fine.

Unless this is a very specific thing like a debate tournament, in which case he really should acquire a suit, tie, dress shirt, and dress shoes, giving zero regard to quality, only decent fit. A $50 suit from Hagar with Payless oxfords and a Walmart dress shirt and tie would really be fine there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                    For his situation, if the jacket even sort of fits, if he manages to wear something remotely resembling a dress shoe with a belt that at least sort of matches, and if he wears anything other than a t-shirt under it, he's fine.

Unless this is a very specific thing like a debate tournament, in which case he really should acquire a suit, tie, dress shirt, and dress shoes, giving zero regard to quality, only decent fit. A $50 suit from Hagar with Payless oxfords and a Walmart dress shirt and tie would really be fine there.
                    Agree. My boys have had dress attire needs and I usually go with something that fits and isnt too expensive, knowing they will grow out of it before they ever have a need to wear it again. Even at high school age because the freshman 15 is a real thing and it will ruin your tailored fit lol.

Comment

i think if he wears a shirt that doesn't have food on it, he would be way ahead.

dressing up any more is just bonus!

Comment

Single breasted, for sure

Comment

Working...
                        X