Frank & Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank & Oak

I've seen a couple of threads about getting in, but little in the way of customer experience. I joined up last month for the Hunt Club and was pretty impressed (despite the website crashing June 1st). Very good fit for me on the shirt I decided to keep, although I would imagine taller guys will have trouble with the sleeves (I'm 5'7 and the sleeve length is good on a medium). All in all, as a Montrealer I'm happy to support a local business. One thing I'm curious to see is the weight of the shirts as fall hits. The shirt I got is paper thin, which I'm hoping is intentional for a summer shirt and not their standard.

Any other reviews of their stuff?

I've been quite impressed by both customer service and quality... I joined hunt club, and returning the unwanted items was easy as they email you a shipping label that you tape to the outside of the box and send it back prepaid. I enjoy getting a handwritten note in every crate too. The products are very much seasonal or monthly themed, as I imagine by the fall they will be thicker shirts as they are very much linen and light tshirts the past couple months.

Their blazers are the hot seller for only $50 a blazer. These aren't part of the hunt club though so it's an extra purchase.

twitter: @adg_ca
    instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

I was pretty down on them for having a crappy experience trying to buy a blazer (still have not scored one, 36 is like impossible to get unless you troll their site to catch it before the e-mail blast goes out) but I bought a pocket square and a tie bar and they're all right for the money. The pocket square has a tiny hole where they embroidered their logo, though.

I'm interested to try a shirt out. When they're selling blazers for $50 and a shirt costs $45 its a weird scale of value which is probably why I've held off.

Comment

I think F&O is fantastic. I've purchased about 6 shirts and the fit is perfect for me. As for the weight of the fabrics, I'd agree its seasonal. I bought a couple of the oxfords last month and they are substantial but will be comfortable in summertime. I also managed to score a blazer...best $50 I've spent recently. Oh and the ties are great quality. What can I say? I'm a believer. Here's hoping they start making pants!

Comment

I saw something on their Facebook page about polling members for pant sizes, so hopefully we'll see something from that soon.

How do their blazers fit? From the pictures they seem awful short.

Comment

Yeah, I am optimistic that pants are coming soon. They sent a survey to members asking, among other things, who makes your favorite pair of pants, what size do you wear.

As for the blazer I bought last month, I'd say the fit is perfect for me. I'm 5'10, 145 and bought the size 36. It's definitely cut to be slim fitting, but I really like it and the length is great.

Comment

Their shirt sleeve length is just plain short. Which is cool because it's going to be perfect for some, but it's not going to work for me. I agree about the blazers - I've never been able to get one. And I'm not a t-shirt person. So that leaves me with accessories, and I had some belts in my shopping cart but decided against it. I'll probably purchase some accessories sooner or later.

Comment

Flashback just posted. A few jacket sizes availabl. Act fast.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

How are their fits for the not-so-slim people? Is their Hunt Club worth it for a big guy? My measurements are approx 17-17.5" Collar / 44-46" Jacket / 35-36" Waist..

Comment

Code FBFIRST scores you 15% off

Comment

Isn't that only for the Hunt Club members?

Comment

I think you're right, sorry to not clarify.

Comment

Those jackets were gone in under a minute after email went out. One even disappeared from my shopping cart, which is always fun. Cust service said they only ever had a very few in restock to begin with--which makes the label "restock" iffy at best. I hope they get it together--seems like a good idea for a business.

Comment

I don't think they will ever 'get it together' in regards to the jackets. I think the jackets are designed to get you looking at their stuff and signed up for their hunt club. A jacket is $50 and a shirt is $45, it doesn't follow the norms of pricing logic. They are priced that low to get you looking, thats the profit in selling them so cheap. If you're like me, you eventually consider ordering something else that catches your eye even if you haven't been able to snag a jacket. I obsessed over a jacket and can never get one, now this last issue I actually ordered some accessories and am even contemplating some shirts.

Comment

I think you are exactly right re jackets. Kind of old school retail huckstery though, in my opinion. My 'get it together' was more aimed at their shopping cart which I've had issues with before (items disappearing, etc).

Comment

Working...
                              X