What is your favorite shoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite shoe?

What shoe (or pair of shoes, if we're being pedantic) is your favorite?

Mine is the Patagonia Tawa http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/...?p=79333-0-602 an odd choice perhaps but hear me out. These shoes have been everywhere with me, hiking up volcanoes, miles and miles of trail and asphalt, and are even my weight lifting shoes. They're still in great shape and extremely comfortable. Plus they can clean up and become a very casual shoe.

Dress for style, live for results.

I have a pair of Antonio Maurizi desert boots in brown leather that I got off of Gilt probably two years ago. They are great, especially for Florida. If you wear them without socks its like not wearing shoes at all. The soles are entirely wood and are starting to wear down, I hope a cobbler can do something with them to resole them.

Comment

My favorite pair currently are my Allen Edmonds Verona. They are the best made pair of shoes I have ever owned.

Comment

Three months in, I'm still infatuated with my Allen Edmonds Player's shoe in Walnut.

Comment

I look for excuses to wear my AE Strands in walnut.

Comment

My pick is the Grey Canvas Tretorn Nylites that I picked up from J Crew recently on sale. Holy buckets are these comfortable without socks. I just slid in an odor eaters insole and they felt great straight from the get go.

Comment

Im with Kenneth. My walnut Strands are my go to.

Comment

http://dappered.com/2011/01/timberland-earthkeepers-side-zip-boot-long-term-field-test/

I don't know if they're still available, though.

Comment

So far my dark brown strands.

I picked up a pair of walnut McAllisters that look awesome, but haven't worn them out yet. I'm somewhat intimidated by how much attention they will draw to me.

Comment

So hard to choose. I'm going to cheat. It's a tie between my walnut AE Daltons and my blue suede mocs from Oak Street Bootmakers.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Without a doubt, my Sperry A/O's are the favorite pair in the lineup. Love my AE's, and my MTO Rancourt Ranger Mocs are rising in the standings, but the A/O is still the champ by a longshot.

Comment

Hard to pick a favorite but I have my inner circle that I prefer over my other shoes:

And Kenneth...who needs excuses to wear strands? ;-)

Comment

Awesome collection, Acousticfoodie.

For comfort, these are my absolute favorite:

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=4219&productGroup= 1314

I've had the same pair for about 10 years now, and they're still going strong.

Comment

Acoustic, you've gone from having no proper dress shoes to having more than me in a span of a year. I'm a little jealous.

Comment

Easily my Florsheim Regent boots in black, as seen in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Florsheim-Mens-Regent-Side-Dress/dp/B005MAG25K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339199193&sr=8-1&keywords=florsheim+regent

Inexpensive boots, yes. But they go well with nearly everything. A little sprucing up here and there always leads to compliments on 'em. Comfortable as heck.

Comment

Working...
                              X