No announcement yet.

Watch + fitness tracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wearing both for years and dont even think twice about it anymore. Regular watch on my left wrist, fitbit (charge 2 HR) on my right wrist. It's a little bigger than I'd prefer, but it was the smallest fitbit with HR monitoring at the time that I bought it. They just discontinued the line, but I might buy the Alta HR to be able to have it be smaller and more discreet. When I run, I switch my watch to a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music for GPS tracking, bluetooth music.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
      Regular watch on my left wrist, fitbit (charge 2 HR) on my right wrist.
      I’m leaning toward this. I’m not in a rush so i’ll Stew on it a bit more.

And FYI, the privacy policy looks good. They can share with my employer for “making sure things are accurate” but won’t share/sell otherwise. [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] [MENTION=7205]Galcobar[/MENTION]

Comment

Find out exactly what is shared with your employer, who can request the data, and what qualifies as accuracy verification. There's a lot of wriggle room if terms are not properly defined, and it's far better to prevent any issues than have to win in court.

Also keep in mind that the info doesn't have to be directly tied into any insurance policy for it to be retained for future use. Unless otherwise stated, you can expect it to become part of the medical records held by the insurance industry. And this doesn't just mean health/life insurers; property insurance contracts can ask to see it as easily as your credit score (it's not technically private medical info).

Comment

What does "making sure things look accurate mean"? For example if you're a 23yr old male, and the medical people say your heart rate should be X. But the fitness tracker says your heart rate is Y.

Does this mean they haul you in for a full on medical to make sure the fitness tracker is accurate? And when they find out that your heart rate is Y, what happens then?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            What does "making sure things look accurate mean"? For example if you're a 23yr old male, and the medical people say your heart rate should be X. But the fitness tracker says your heart rate is Y.

Does this mean they haul you in for a full on medical to make sure the fitness tracker is accurate? And when they find out that your heart rate is Y, what happens then?
            Heart rate varies for a ton of reasons. For instance, my resting heart rate is in the 40s so whenever someone takes my HR, they ask if I am a runner because it is low. I assume cycling would do the same thing.

I wear a Fitbit Flex 2 behind my watch on my wrist. It's a pain but the steps are more accurate than tracking it with my phone. That said, I have hit my max benefit savings for the next year so I have thought about leaving it in my bedside table until next year.

Comment

I wear a watch on my left wrist and a Fitbit Charge 2 on my right. When I run, I wear a Fitbit ionic for GPS and podcasts. If you don't want something on your right wrist, I think fitbit still make a pendant model that you can clip in your pants pocket or if you're a woman, on the center of your bra. That's what my wife used to do.

Comment

No idea if either of these actually work...

http://www.trivoly.com/en

https://www.indiegogo.com/products/s...atch-instantly

Comment

Watch+fitness tracker is a good investment for people who are always active, and don't just sit in the office.

Comment

I wear a Garmin Instinct. It looks a lot like a G watch. It does steps, HR, sleep, stress, etc., while also allowing me to track runs, walks, hikes, bikes, kayaking, swimming, and others. Clearly it’s casual, but I like it a lot.

Comment

I use a fitbit charge 2 and I love it! It tracks steps, distance, calories, sleep, storeys, mins of activities... and it knows when you’re working out and what kind of workout it is (you can also start a workout manually). It doesn’t have its own gps but it connects with your phone... I personally always go running with my phone so for me it’s great. It was about 165 usd.
                      Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X