Linen Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
    FWIW, I have two of these - they're reasonably priced and don't wrinkle too much compared to linen.
    These are on sale for $160 right now. IIRC they only carried the bluish-gray "deep water" and navy colors in the cotton-linen last year (light gray and others in the stretch cotton version). This year they have added a couple colors to the cotton-linen version, including light gray.

Comment

I might have given the S&M suits a try out that Joe mentioned on the main board this morning. However his warning about the lining has me thinking they might not be for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        I might have given the S&M suits a try out that Joe mentioned on the main board this morning. However his warning about the lining has me thinking they might not be for me.
        I was thinking the same...may wait to see if they go on sale, but they are awfully tempting since the lining is Bemberg. I just picked up my first S&M suit earlier this year, and I am thus far, quite impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
          The J Crew unstructured cotton-linen (linen-cotton) suit seemed like a nice compromise between the linen's heat moderating, and a bit of wrinkle resistance from the cotton. I only wish I had talked myself into getting their brighter blue color when they had it last year.
          I have.... 6 or 7 of those jackets/blazers... maybe 8. I started accreting them back before the full suit came out. So, I only have 2 of those. I wear them all the time, as I live in south Florida. They are not as breathable as the tropical wool unstructured bonobos jackets, but they're still pretty great. The cotton blend does make it less wrinkly, but you're still aware that there is, indeed, linen in the mix. As such, I'm note sure they'd be office appropriate on a client day... but perhaps on an only co-workers kind of day.

Comment

The J Crew unstructured cotton-linen (linen-cotton) suit seemed like a nice compromise between the linen's heat moderating, and a bit of wrinkle resistance from the cotton. I only wish I had talked myself into getting their brighter blue color when they had it last year.
            I have one. It's great in the heat because it's totally unlined, but it's very casual. Definitely don't get a lot of business use out of it, and to be honest, I usually break it up and pair the jacket with chinos for a summer casual out on the town look.

Comment

[MENTION=11235]Domino[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17082]Hebrew Barrister[/MENTION] I think I'm going to keep my eye open for the next JC sale. I'd like to give this linen suit a try myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                I have one. It's great in the heat because it's totally unlined, but it's very casual. Definitely don't get a lot of business use out of it, and to be honest, I usually break it up and pair the jacket with chinos for a summer casual out on the town look.
                If you're looking to split it up, Target has a cotton-linen blazer, quarter lined for 50 bucks. I mean, it's Target, but it's 50 bucks regular price. Depends what you want out of it.

Comment

If you're looking to split it up, Target has a cotton-linen blazer, quarter lined for 50 bucks. I mean, it's Target, but it's 50 bucks regular price. Depends what you want out of it.
                  Any lining on a linen blazer is a nonstarter, imo. Defeats the entire point.

I also have a JCF full linen blazer, fully unlined, that's even breezier than the JC cotton-linen ones. Yeah, it wrinkles if you so much as look at it from across the room, but I got it in the natural linen color so it kinda works. These, you actually can get for 50 on the right sale (i think I paid 40), and you still get fully unlined and the lowered button stance / higher arm holes of the JC designs.

Comment

I considered it too, but then realized that as a banker, I knew that the occasions of me wearing it will be rather few. I spend most of my working days indoors, and my perception is that if it's really that hot for wool suit, taking off jacket for a while is perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                    X