Stafford wingtips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stafford wingtips?

I'm pretty new to this game, so I don't know what it means when something gets pulled online. I went to JC Penny's website to get the Stafford Ashton wingtips in brown, and they aren't there anymore - the black shoes are, but only in a couple of sizes. Does this usually mean they're discontinued, and I should just save up a bit more to get something else -- or should I hold off until these things get back in stock? Thanks for any help.

A related thought: is this Hush Puppy wingtip a possible alternative?

http://www.endless.com/dp/B004S9IEZ2...SIN=B004S9IEZ2

Comment

Or I suppose this?

http://www.endless.com/Florsheim-Val.../dp/B004N58IFC

Comment

Best bet is to contact JC Penny's customer service and see if they can give you a definitive answer. Everything else here will be a conjecture.

Before you spend some money on some shoes, since you said that you're "new to this game", let's start with this:

- What other non-sneaker shoes do you have?

- What do you plan on wearing these shoes with/for?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion -- can't believe I didn't think to just call them.

At the moment, I've got a pair of black and a pair of brown slip-on loafers -- both square-toe (don't worry, I've learned my lesson). I also have a pair of black cap-toe leather shoes given to me by my father that I've hardly ever worn because I used to think they looked odd... I've recently called him to thank him for giving me my only pair of wearable dress shoes.

I have recently changed jobs, and so now in the summer I'm business casual while the rest of the year I wear coat and tie, sometimes suits. I found a pair of Bostonian tan suede penny loafers and a pair of Sperry boat shoes for about ten bucks each at Marshall's recently. I figured something like a brown leather wingtip would fill a hole on my wardrobe -- a casual-ish but nice looking shoe that could go with jeans, chinos or wool pants. I was thinking I would get something cheap to tide me over until I figure out what a good shoe is, and what sorts of things I need and like (and until I get a few more paychecks under my belt). Any advice would be most welcome!

Comment

@BB Did you end up calling them? I was going to pick up those brown brogues and they weren't there anymore.

Comment

Sorry, didn't call because I went to a thrift store and immediately found several pairs of great brown brogues. Maybe I'll call just to let folks know if they look here.

Comment

I know that some local stores here in Dallas still had that shoe in the stores as of a couple weeks ago. If you can still get the item number for the shoes, I would call your nearest JCP and they should be able to search stock in the general vicinity.

Comment

Not sure if this is still active. But the JCP in Long Island, NY at Roosevelt Field has both the brown and black as of 3 days ago.

Comment

Forgot to update this -- I think you can order them again on the website, but on backorder until July.

Comment

Looks to be $60 now instead of $50 but still a good buy. I'd recommend ordering a half size down from your sneaker size. I had to throw some sole inserts in to get a tighter fit at my normal sneaker size.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Even though it says $60 on the page, once you put it in your cart it's actually $50

Comment

Working...
                        X