suggest me a suede chukka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
    How tight were the size 10? If it's not too bad, they'll loosen up a little when you break them in. I've had bad experience trying to make a shoe that's too big fit well. I ended up almost never wearing them until I gave up on them.
    They were uncomfortable. I have a pair of AE Daltons in 10.5 that were what I'd call snug and they have broken in very well.
    The Thursdays Captains in size 10 would never have loosened up enough to be comfortable.

I'll probably try the 10.5 in the chukka. Just giving the shoe buying a slight break so I don't generate any ummm unwanted comments from the wife.

Comment

Not sure if they will restock, but I bought these during an East Dane sale for under $200 and like them. https://www.billyreid.com/short-ande...644&1422=14703
      out of stock on East Dane, but I think the pictures are better https://www.eastdane.com/short-ander...1590180278.htm

Comment

I've got the 1901 chukkas too and love them. And today I saw this: https://putthison.com/a-suggestion-f...pair-of-shoes/

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

(Ignore this post I can't delete, please)

Comment

Don’t know if anyone said Loake Kemptons already, but since put this on gave them a shout out today I will too.

I have them and love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Have you considered resoling?

Comment

Originally posted by akosmowski View Post
                [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Have you considered resoling?
                Pretty sure they are glued rubber soles so I'm not sure that's possible.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Pretty sure they are glued rubber soles so I'm not sure that's possible.
                  I've had glued shoes re-soled--back when I didn't know the difference. They didn't look great, but you couldn't tell unless you looked closely.

Go to a local shoe repair place and ask. It can't hurt.
                  WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

https://putthison.com/a-suggestion-f...pair-of-shoes/

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                      Don’t know if anyone said Loake Kemptons already, but since put this on gave them a shout out today I will too.

I have them and love them

Any idea where to buy Loake Kemptons in the US now that you can't order them from the UK anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                        Any idea where to buy Loake Kemptons in the US now that you can't order them from the UK anymore?
                        It’s definitely getting harder. But with some work you can find them. I’ve found them at:

Massdrop (when available)
                        East Dane (when available)
                        Blue 1899 (marked up)
                        Watching here/styleforum/Reddit for deals

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                          It’s definitely getting harder. But with some work you can find them. I’ve found them at:

Massdrop (when available)
                          East Dane (when available)
                          Blue 1899 (marked up)
                          Watching here/styleforum/Reddit for deals

Any B&M that sells them? Or fitting thoughts? I wear a 9.5E in AE but not sure what that would be in Loake Kemptons.

Comment

I ordered a pair of Loake Kemptons and a pair of Loake Pimlicos from a seller on Amazon. Hopefully one of them will work, they were a bit limited on sizes so I just picked the closest they had (I’m a US 7.5 or 8, they only had UK 7 so I picked that).
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I ordered a pair of Loake Kemptons and a pair of Loake Pimlicos from a seller on Amazon. Hopefully one of them will work, they were a bit limited on sizes so I just picked the closest they had (I’m a US 7.5 or 8, they only had UK 7 so I picked that).
                              I hope one of them works out for you. This thread (and the linked article) has me convinced my next pair of chukkas should be one of these. But I'm not sure which one.
                              A side-by-side review would be very helpful.

Comment

I have Thursday Scouts in their standard brown leather and I absolutely love them. They've held up beautifully. I've worn them ~3-4 times per week for the past 6 months and with proper care (shoe trees and some occasional shoe cream), they look almost new.

Also worth noting: Thursday Boot Co. does occasionally have some quality control issues, but they also have amazing customer service in my experience, and will do whatever they can to fix any issue you have. My first pair from them had a weird crease on the side and they sent me a new pair with expedited shipping before they even got the original returned pair back.

Comment

Working...
                                X