Messenger Bag suggestions? >$75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messenger Bag suggestions? >$75

Hey all, I've been looking for a new messenger bag for a few weeks now, but I haven't been able to find one that I like within my price range. I really like the looks of the banana republic messenger bag

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=59887&vid=1&pid=770595&scid=7705950 02

but at $125 it's too expensive and all their discount codes seem to exclude men's bags.

I've also looked through similar posts on the topic and still can't find one I like. Any suggestions?

Hey Nick - not sure if you're interested, but I'm looking to sell my messenger. It's in very, very good shape. Retailed at $100+ tax. Asking $60. I'm in the NYC area.

newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clo/3054206957.html

Comment

Some additional info: I'm a college student so I'd like something appropriate for both school and work

Comment

Tdurden, I don't love the looks of that one but thanks for the offer

Comment

This bag was recommended in a Dappered post & I highly recommend it. No leather (leather bad!), quality construction, lots of space, black, & it comes with a yellow ruler.

Comment

@Nick- no prob. Hope the hunt is successful!

Comment

@the new transported man, that one seems really nice, especially at that price! Thanks for the suggestion

I saw this http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...0353/30353.jsp

got great praise on a few dappered articles, but its a bit more than I want to spend and appears to be out of stock

However this http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/54056.jsp seems identical besides the color (and the price!). Am i missing a key difference here?

Comment

Edit: actually I read the comments on the jcrew bags and have seen a lot of people complaining about the quality

Comment

Maybe check out something from the kenneth cole reaction line. Not the best leather but that's what you get at that price point. I got one at christmas and carry it for work and it's just now starting to look nice and broken in.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@ [email protected] - FWIW, I have the JCrew Factory bag you mentioned above, and I love it! I haven't had any issues with the quality and I really like the way it looks. For <$50, I think it's a nice deal.

Comment

@osiriuso how long ago did you get it? And did you pick it up while there was a discount code out? It's at $54.50 right now, and ends up near $70 with shipping & tax. I still think it looks really nice for $70, I was just concerned about the things I read, thanks for the input.

Comment

I got it in October of last year. I use it as my daily work bag.. so far, so good!

It was originally $64.50 and I got it during a 30% off / FS sale.. so it worked out to be a smidgen under $50 after taxes.

Comment

Alright thanks, I think I'll wait and see if any codes come up soon

Comment

I have the mentioned Jcrew bag. I was worried about the quality as well due to the comments, but mine's been able to stand up to my abuse pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                            X