Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Casual shoes with Blazer/pants

Good morning/afternoon folks.

I'm a blazer/sportcoat and pants guy for work. Recently I've fallen in love with the Cole Haan Grand line (I have a couple of the white bottom style - since well women own the red bottom market)...In any event they look great with dark traveler jeans or chinos, but with charcoal pants I'm teetering a bit. I should note I like them because not only because of look but comfort (I travel a great deal). Thoughts on shoes that you have worn that would suffice with say charcoal pants that are as comfortable/stylish?

I've seen the Clarks Nubucks/ J&M XC4 line or perhaps even the Cole Haan Wingtips Grands?

Thank you in advance of course.

Charcoal slacks? Yeah, how about some basic black or chocolate brown brogues?

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
      Charcoal slacks? Yeah, how about some basic black or chocolate brown brogues?
      Thank you, HB. I was thinking of something less conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelerBill View Post
        Thank you, HB. I was thinking of something less conservative.
        Chocolate brown suede chukkas.

Comment

If you like the Cole Hahn Grand line--well, I couldn't see myself wearing any of them with a blazer except the Washington model.

I think you can wear these with charcoal.

https://www.colehaan.com/washington-...=50&loadmore=1

If you're looking for another brand, let me know and I'll be happy to hunt for some. I love shoe shopping.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Allen Edmonds has these comfort shoes on sale. You could wear the black ones with charcoal and black. Less than $170 if you sign up for the mailing list "collector" thing.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/...FDerby&start=1

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              If you like the Cole Hahn Grand line--well, I couldn't see myself wearing any of them with a blazer except the Washington model.

I think you can wear these with charcoal.

https://www.colehaan.com/washington-...=50&loadmore=1

If you're looking for another brand, let me know and I'll be happy to hunt for some. I love shoe shopping.
              Awesome..I appreciate it. My only personal shopper. Who knew? I do appreciate it

Comment

If the pair of pants you have are a true charcoal, close to black in color, I would stay away from British tan, walnut, or any other light color. Those colors pair well with lighter greys, but are not the best match for darker greys. I would recommend going with a darker brown. Burgundy/merlot/Oxblood can also look good if you are looking for a little more flash without being flashy.

Comment

Out of these 3 choices I prefer the Clarks. The thinner sole is less "sneaker like" then the other two.

Comment

You really seem to have your heart set on the white soles, eh?

I would only wear those with jeans and maybe some chinos. But not really my thing. I think they make the shoes look like athletic shoes.

That said, I agree with [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] that the Clarks look best if you want the white soles.

Comment

You guys are not wrong. I definitely have a ‘type’

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                        You really seem to have your heart set on the white soles, eh?

I would only wear those with jeans and maybe some chinos. But not really my thing. I think they make the shoes look like athletic shoes.

That said, I agree with [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] that the Clarks look best if you want the white soles.
                        I had originally typed the same thing as [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] did about the white soles. Maybe I'd wear them with a cotton navy blazer, t shirt and jeans.

That said, I do own several pairs of shoes with white soles. All from a shoe shopping outing I made with my 20something daughters

If it's accepted as ok where you work and you like it, then go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                          I had originally typed the same thing as [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] did about the white soles. Maybe I'd wear them with a cotton navy blazer, t shirt and jeans.

That said, I do own several pairs of shoes with white soles. All from a shoe shopping outing I made with my 20something daughters

If it's accepted as ok where you work and you like it, then go for it!
                          Gentlemen...greatly appreciate your input and feedback. I'll be out and about this weekend, we'll see what I come up with.

(9 year old daughter here Ron)

Comment

I rather like those Clark's. The other two not so much.

Comment

Working...
                            X