Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bj
    replied

Thanks for all the advice guys. I ended up having to delay my shirt purchase cause I found a pair of AE Van Ness on eBay, which I couldn't pass up.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

You'll be thrilled!

Leave a comment:

• AJ25
    replied

Just placed an order for the white pinpoint in a semi spread collar, double mitred cuffs, side pleats, and a seamless placket.

After talking with Eric I decided to go full customization and provided him all of my measurements exactly how I wanted them and he said that would be no problem at all and more importantly no extra charge. With the Facebook coupon of $25 off it only came out to $64 which I think is a very reasonable price for an American made fully customizable MTM shirt from a company with fantastic custom service so far.

This is my first MTM shirt so we shall see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Ratio will even put in a locker loop for hanging, upon request. Or make the collar points larger or smaller. Or change the cuff size. Truly anything. But if you stick to the basic customizations on the site, you'll be very satisfied. The deep customizations are more for the freaks. =)

The Ratio slim fit template is very reasonable. It's not ultra tight, but there isn't extra fabric. If you're not exactly slim, the regular fit will accomodate.

Leave a comment:

• AJ25
    replied

@shadow

Well I have been doing lots of measurement comparisons lately and their measurements aren't totally out of line to me. The difference between the chest and waist is right in line with a bunch of other companies.

Here are some other options (all garment measurements:

Chest, Waist, Hip, Difference (Chest-Waist) Difference (Hip-waist)

Ratio - 45.00 41.00 42.50 4.00 1.50

Calibrate "Trim Fit" - 44.13 39.38 41.00 4.75 1.63

Hugo - 39.38 36.25 40.13 3.13 3.88

Boss Black "Slim Fit" - 40.50 36.63 41.00 3.88 4.38

Club Monaco - 41.00 37.00 40.13 4.00 3.13

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Depends on what you would thing much larger is, but a few of us from other threads have around a 8-11" drop between waist and chest. For reference Arnie at his peak was ridiculous and had a 34" waist with 57" chest. That may be off as they say he had 28.5" thighs which seems small for a man of his size and weight.

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

....and a V shape would indicate a much larger chest than waist. I should have said "wouldn't it be much bigger" than how i worded it. It came off backwards.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

No sure why their waist measurement is so big for a Slim Fit

@Jordan you would be crazy, If you're a bit built you should have a V taper to your body, which are usually the types of people looking for a slim fit.

Leave a comment:

• AJ25
    replied

What he actually meant is that the garment would measure 41" at the waist. So the confusion comes in that the 40" chest measurement is a body measurement and the 41" measurement is a garment measurement.

I followed up with him to get some more info and he was super responsive. Even sent me links to how his measurements were done and made sure I understood that garment measurement was going to be bigger than a body measurement. Obviously I knew that already but pretty awesome that he is making sure I have all the info and understand it so I can make an informed decision.

Here is what he came back with:

"40 Chest Slim Fit:

Garment Chest Measurement: 45" (22.5" across)

Garment Waist Measurement: 41" (20.5" across)

Garment Seat/Hips Measurement: 42.5" (21.25" across)"

And here is the link to their "How to Measure Guide"

http://www.ratioclothing.com/t-instr...ureashirt.aspx

Leave a comment:

• jordan
    replied

am I crazy or would your chest not be much larger than your waist?

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Ok one sec here, waist size is usually around your mid section(belly button) for the MTM shirts I've ordered that's what waist was and HIPs was the lower part. So for myself 42" chest, my waist measures 33 and hips are 40".

Depending on what area they mean, that would either fit like a tent on me or it might be very good fit, so I'd clarify that if you want it actually fitted, or try express shirts that fit you through the chest, waist and hips and use those measurements and then return it

Leave a comment:

• AJ25
    replied

Here is the response I got from the owner

"Thanks for the message. The size through the waist is determined by the chest size, so for a 40 slim fit the default garment waist size would be 41". Then, it would adjust 1" for every one inch change in chest size. That said, we can adjust this as needed beyond our default sizing. So, if you're looking for more or less room in the waist, we can take care of that."

From reading around and stuff it seems like the interface on the website is pretty much just the tip of the iceberg of customization and a clever technique to grab people sort of in between MTM and OTR. It appears that as long as you email them you can pretty much get the same level of customization as most other MTM places. Pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

AJ25 - When you order or shortly after you order, you can include your waist measurement in the notes section or a separate email. I didn't, and the slim fit turned out really well for me. It comes in at the waist and back out just a bit at the hips. But if it's a concern, you could measure a shirt that fits perfectly in the waist and include that.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied

@Jordan -- the issue there is wearing black pants, otherwise it's probably fine. While some would say boring, any other color pant and you're probably good to go on the conservative side.

Eric at Ratio is great -- he's responsive to emails and works with you to make sure it fits right. My first try was too tight and we switched a few things around to make a great shirt.

The white twill is a great selection (what I got from Ratio). As a second shirt, I'd go with a blue or some combo of white and blue (think a blue windowpane on white, or possibly a gingham or other pattern). Plenty of pattern options that aren't too crazy they'd warrant only once in a while use, but I agree that patterns generally mean less flexibility in their frequency of use.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Email ratio and ask, apparently they can change the collar style to something else if you ask too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X