Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many shoes - anyone else have this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many shoes - anyone else have this problem?

I think I might have reached maximum shoe ownership...

The funny part is there are more shoes not even in the picture. (Bonus if you can see the non shoe item in the photo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have at least 25-30 pairs of shoes, and sometimes I think that's too many because I only have two feet. But I guess "too many" is ultimately dictated by budget and storage space, no?

My wife has around 200 pairs, I think. I put a couple of cabinets in the garage for her 50-60 pairs of boots. She rarely wears most of them, but she doesn't think she has "too many."
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Oh, by the way, although it might seem counter-intuitive, I've found that storing the shoes in the boxes, inside of bags, allows for more shoes in the same space. That's because if they are in dust bags, they can overlap each other without damaging them.

Comment

I have 41 pairs of shoes. I sold 3 pairs in the last year and picked up 3 more. It is way too many. I want to get rid of some more, but price and shipping doesnt seem like it would be worth it to me, so I keep them. I may donate some soon as I know there are pairs I will never wear again. I did the same thing with shirts and suits. One I got my size dialed-in I went full-dummy and overboard. I need to purge my entire wardrobe. I have clothing fatigue when picking out what to wear.

Comment

I am about to purge 8-10 pair, and I still have too many. I have been able to post in What Shoes are You Wearing Today without duplication, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
            I am about to purge 8-10 pair, and I still have too many. I have been able to post in What Shoes are You Wearing Today without duplication, so far.
            Oh, you have some great shoes. You wouldn't happen to wear 12 or 13, do you? You might have a buyer for one or two pairs if you're looking to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              Oh, you have some great shoes. You wouldn't happen to wear 12 or 13, do you? You might have a buyer for one or two pairs if you're looking to sell.
              Sorry, 8.5 or 9

Comment

Around 4 pairs in my daily rotation.
                Total 7 pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

The funny part is there are more shoes not even in the picture. (Bonus if you can see the non shoe item in the photo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something fuzzy in the corner. Cat?

I am a fighting a recent shoe addiction. I don't think there is a maximum.

My wife has about 100 pairs more then I do so I have a long way to go to catch up.

Comment

Dress shoes like 5 pairs. I prefer to wear them out and replace versus having tons.
                    Including non dress shoes probably 20

Comment

I’ve found that it helps to keep a list of what I currently have, along with noting particular styles that I’d like to add in the future. I also try to avoid owning multiple shoes/boots in similar styles & colors. In my opinion, having to spend time on routine care for leather shoes is enough incentive to avoid having a bigger collection.

For dress shoes, I’ve got 9, though one is a black cap toe that I only wear for formal occasions. Of the remaining 8, some get more wear in spring/summer and others get more wear in fall/winter.

When I’m not in dress shoes I’m usually in sneakers in summer and boots in fall/winter/spring. I think I’ve got 3 or 4 sneakers and 7 or 8 boots, all different colors or styles. Add in two pairs of non-dress shoes, gym shoes, duck boots and insulated winter boots and I’m right around 25.

Comment

I limit myself to only 12 pairs made up of:
                        Black cap toes
                        Brown brogues
                        Black rubber chelseas
                        Tan chelseas
                        Black and brown chukkas
                        Black and tan work boots
                        Tan drivers
                        Gray canvas sneakers
                        White leather sneakers
                        Flip-flops

Comment

I have 14 pairs I wear regularly and a few I never wear and have no more room for any. I would like to fill a few holes in my lineup and upgrade a few of the ones I have to better versions.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            I'm afraid I don't understand the question, especially the use of the word "problem" in the title.

Seriously, I think having a large variety simply gives lots of options, especially in a region with marked weather seasons. Lots of boots for cold--dress, casual, water-resistant--and a number of sneakers and light-weight loafers for warm weather. Plus multiple other shoes for work and nicer events.

If the issue is space, that can always be addressed with creative thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Raakish View Post
                              I'm afraid I don't understand the question, especially the use of the word "problem" in the title.

Seriously, I think having a large variety simply gives lots of options, especially in a region with marked weather seasons. Lots of boots for cold--dress, casual, water-resistant--and a number of sneakers and light-weight loafers for warm weather. Plus multiple other shoes for work and nicer events.

If the issue is space, that can always be addressed with creative thinking.
                              OP is right in realizing he has too many shoes. He can easily pick 3 or 4 pairs to wear in a row, and the average non-stylish person would think it's probably the same shoe.

"Consumerism becomes excessive when it extends beyond what is needed. When we begin consuming more than is needed, boundaries are removed."

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/e...e-consumerism/

"[M]aterialism is associated with lower levels of well-being, less pro-social interpersonal behavior, more ecologically destructive behavior, and worse academic outcomes. It also is associated with more spending problems and debt"

https://www.vox.com/2014/12/24/74477...ism-psychology

Comment

Working...
                              X