Post College Affordable Polo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post College Affordable Polo

Hey people. I recently graduated college and I need to update my polo shirt collection. My closet is full of RL classic polos probably like most other college kids. As you all know your body usually goes through a little transformation during college from all of the unhealthy eating and drinking so i find that my medium size polo shirts fit a little snug these days. I had purchased another RL polo in large which fits me well but with college comes student loans and I really do not want to be paying a lot for replacement polos. From the advice on dappered I heard good things about the Merona ultimate polo from target and they are on sale for $15 so I picked one up. The fit seems more like a bag/long dress. I like to have the ability to leave my polo untucked and the merona ultimate polo goes way past my crotch and way past my butt. Maybe I should have tried on a medium. Pretty much what i'm asking you gentlemen is where can I find an affordable pique polo with no logo on it that will not break the bank? Sorry for the long post.

If you want cheap, no logo.

Lands End when they have them on sale, even have tailored fit ones. I picked up a large banded mesh(I believe it was pique) for $7 with the %30 sale, it's a big too long for me with the tennis tail(i'm 6'). Also they have pima cotton polos that you can snag for around $17 on sale and they are much nicer, large would probably fit you well and length is better.

Comment

I do like that lands end pima cotton. I wish there were more colors. I'll have to wait for a sale.

Comment

There should be more than 3 colors, for some reason they are split up. I search "tailored Pima polo"

Edit: did the search and they have more then when I bought, but only about 7 colors still.

Comment

My favorite cheap polos are Target's Champion C9 golf polos. Very sharp looking.

Lands End is nice but they run big for me - I'm 5'10" and 155 lbs or a little more, 38 chest, and wear a small in their polos.

Comment

JT- Your best bet would be J crew slim fit, I have a medium NON slim fit and it pretty much fits like a glove @ 6' 185

Comment

If you want jersey instead of pique, go for Gap's slim fit contrast collar.

Comment

I second Land's End for value. At the higher end Barbour polos are generally cut in a pretty...generous shape.

Comment

Working...
                X