Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have YOU had any issues with Allen Edmonds shoes or boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Yeah... that's a lot of coin to have out there waiting.
    Who doesn't use a cc to shop online? Using a check card for that is not a good idea, imo. Sounds like a good way to have to fight a bank to get your money back in the event of fraud or a fight with a vendor. Use something like an Amex and see what happens when a vendor rips you off and refuses to issue you a return, Amex wipes it away and responds to the vendor with "lol".

Comment

Funny, I came to this forum to post about this exact issue and if anybody had recommendations!

After having a great shoe experience with JCrew, I now have a pair of shoes with a staple sticking out them after years of use. The original shoes were discontinued and JCrew was not willing to discount me on any of their shoes.

I then went to Allen Edmonds, which was frequently recommended on Dappered. I ordered one pair on clearance, but the width was too narrow. Apparently, their site defaults at an A width and I guess normal size is a D. Who even knows their width apart from those with unusual sizing needs? After a week waiting for it to come, I was disappointed (and still wearing shoes with a staple poking into my foot).

So I ordered another pair from Allen Edmonds on clearance in a different style. Now this one was the proper size, but there is a defect it seems in the left shoe where there's a huge bump - the pair is totally unwearable, extremely painful to walk in. Allen Edmonds does not offer replacement or exchanges for online orders and will only allow me to return the shoe in person or by mail.

This is become a huge problem, and I'm tired of walking around on shoes that hurt all day in some form or another. I'm not going to try a third pair of AEs because their customer service is poor and their shoes apparently are also poor. I suppose at this point I'd rather get a brick and mortar store so I can try things on properly, but recognize that the discounts won't be that good.

Comment

Of interest, when I bought my most recent set of shoes, AE did NOT include any shoe bags with them. Cost cutting I'm guessing...

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Of interest, when I bought my most recent set of shoes, AE did NOT include any shoe bags with them. Cost cutting I'm guessing...
          My understanding is that they started that a few months back. Or just sending one larger bag--that's what a friend of mine got.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

For what it's worth my Sturgis 2.0 have been taking serious abuse lately. I'll be rejuvenating them this week and taking them to TX for hunting duty.

This was today.

20190218_125641 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

A month or so ago i did another cleanup and this was the result.

Sturgis Before by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Sturgis After by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

The woven strand has my eye, to be fair.
            https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              I see on their website that it now says "Free dust bag with qualified shoe purchase". It doesn't state what make a purchase qualified. You also need to add the shoe bag to the shopping cart as if you were purchasing them.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                For what it's worth my Sturgis 2.0 have been taking serious abuse lately. I'll be rejuvenating them this week and taking them to TX for hunting duty.

This was today.

20190218_125641 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

A month or so ago i did another cleanup and this was the result.

Sturgis Before by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Sturgis After by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

The woven strand has my eye, to be fair.
                I'm still impressed how you brought them back to life.

And those woven Strands do look mighty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                  I see on their website that it now says "Free dust bag with qualified shoe purchase". It doesn't state what make a purchase qualified. You also need to add the shoe bag to the shopping cart as if you were purchasing them.
                  Hmm. Interesting. Thanks Ron.

Comment

The Acheson, that I just purchased on clearance, came with shoe bags. I didn’t have to do anything, they just came included.

Comment

I'm still impressed how you brought them back to life.

And those woven Strands do look mighty nice.

Eh, it's just dirt. Lil water, a lil saddle soap, a couple rubs with conditioner, and some doc marten's beeswax-based protection rubbed in, easy peasy.

I will say, Amazon had a SCHMOKIN deal a couple amazon days back, Kiwi horsehair daubers were like....75 cents, free prime shipping? I cleaned UP on those lol. Think I bought 20 of em. Wife rolled her eyes, but I tell you hwut, they come in miiiiighty handy when it's time to scrub up some nasty boots.....and they're soft enough to not really damage anything.
                      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                        The Acheson, that I just purchased on clearance, came with shoe bags. I didn’t have to do anything, they just came included.
                        Must have been old stock that already had the bags in the box. I hope my Acheson shoes come with the bags as well.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                          Eh, it's just dirt. Lil water, a lil saddle soap, a couple rubs with conditioner, and some doc marten's beeswax-based protection rubbed in, easy peasy.

I will say, Amazon had a SCHMOKIN deal a couple amazon days back, Kiwi horsehair daubers were like....75 cents, free prime shipping? I cleaned UP on those lol. Think I bought 20 of em. Wife rolled her eyes, but I tell you hwut, they come in miiiiighty handy when it's time to scrub up some nasty boots.....and they're soft enough to not really damage anything.
                          They do clean up well.

Comment

my local dollar store has some fingernail brushes that have really really weak bristles, like toothbrush ones nearly, and i got a few of those for day-of shoe cleanup. it's been very helpful, especially for mud and salt mitigation.

Comment

Working...
                            X