X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BenRobky
    replied
    I like John Lobb`shoes they are so elegant, just waiting for the next couple

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Those are great looking! Not at all like the bourbon color I had.

AE calf bourbon is markedly different from Horween's bourbon shell. My Daltons are roughly the same shade but burnished a good bit more.

The shell will certainly age well over time, I'm very excited to see them patina.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Those are great looking! Not at all like the bourbon color I had.

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    And today I have to run in to help one of my Airmen make sure he gets paid so Bourbon shell Strands cause I'm sorta cheating. (Stripes still getting sewn on)

IMG_20201218_075307_456 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    And today I have to run in to help one of my Airmen make sure he gets paid so Bourbon shell Strands cause I'm sorta cheating. (Stripes still getting sewn on)

IMG_20201218_075307_456 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Indy got moist.

IMG_20201214_140750_942 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    kongmw back in the days when I took the bus to work (wow, imagine that!) someone stepped on my dress shoe and I was mad! When I managed to get off the bus there was a big scuff from there the person stepped on the front of my shoe. So I hear ya about the heel getting ripped off. Not cool. Hope you're able to find a cobbler to fix the shoes back up again.
    Dropped them off at a shoe repair shop this morning. Having both heels (heel pads?) repair is going to run me $40. The uppers still look good so hopefully they can soldier on with the new heels for another year or two.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    kongmw back in the days when I took the bus to work (wow, imagine that!) someone stepped on my dress shoe and I was mad! When I managed to get off the bus there was a big scuff from there the person stepped on the front of my shoe. So I hear ya about the heel getting ripped off. Not cool. Hope you're able to find a cobbler to fix the shoes back up again.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Wearing my Jack Erwin suede chelseas today, where the top lift came off of the heel when someone stepped on it from the back. Hard to believe I've had these for 5+ years. But year, if there was any doubt what they used for heel blocks...

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Took the Iron Rangers out for a ride. Great Fall boot.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Thanks. I guess I'm going to need to sign up for photo hosting site. Crap. Another website.

Joe -- if you're listening (reading)--storage is cheap now AND I for one would be happy to pay a small membership fee if you had a "premium" membership option that allowed me to directly upload photos. I bet I'm not the only one.

Originally posted by Shade View Post

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Now that the weather is cooled down a bit and I'm losing a bit of weight and I've started dressing again, I'm wearing my inside dress shoes. These are NOS vintage Wright Archpreservers--never worn outside. I'm not sure when they were made, but I'm guessing 70's or 80's. I think they compare quite favorably to my modern Crockett & Jones penny loafers in terms of style.

Nuts--I'm still struggling trying to figure out how to post photos since they changed the forum.

I think you can look at them on this link. Maybe. Let me know.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0rHe..._icQGLFUGMwmJA

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Now that the weather is cooled down a bit and I'm losing a bit of weight and I've started dressing again, I'm wearing my inside dress shoes. These are NOS vintage Wright Archpreservers--never worn outside. I'm not sure when they were made, but I'm guessing 70's or 80's. I think they compare quite favorably to my modern Crockett & Jones penny loafers in terms of style.

Nuts--I'm still struggling trying to figure out how to post photos since they changed the forum.

I think you can look at them on this link. Maybe. Let me know.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0rHe..._icQGLFUGMwmJA

Last edited by mebejoseph; October 29, 2020, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FaithKelly
    replied
    I already wear my Buffalo boots. I love them so much, although I understand that they are not particularly trending in this season

Leave a comment:

• jikaasik
    replied
    Allen Edmonds McAllisters in Dark Chili by jikaasik, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Determined to wear these as deep into the fall as I can...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X