X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

What size did you go with? As I recall you're a B width like me. I usually take a 11B in AE, 11.5B for the Cornwallis. Just trying to see if there's a decent corollary. Thanks in advance!
    I went 9D; I'm a 9.5B (left foot) and my right foot is closer to a 10B than 9.5B. The right shoe is a teensy bit snug but it'll soften up as they break in; I'm not worried.

If you have a higher instep, you may want to keep your numerical and just wear thick socks.

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Here's the "Wheat" 1K boots (presumably Horween's "Golden Retriever" per best educated supposin of a friend who lives a few miles from Horween)

IMG_20210225_111458_806 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    What size did you go with? As I recall you're a B width like me. I usually take a 11B in AE, 11.5B for the Cornwallis. Just trying to see if there's a decent corollary. Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Here's the "Wheat" 1K boots (presumably Horween's "Golden Retriever" per best educated supposin of a friend who lives a few miles from Horween)

IMG_20210225_111458_806 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ Those are spectacular
    Thanks! I'm a pretty big fan. I like the wheat Wolverine 1Ks I picked up off that DSW sale Joe posted too, they came SUPER fast and are a spectacular shade of Horween!

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Nike Ebernon mid-top. Looks good with black jeans and a mid-grey sportcoat

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    It's been a good while since I last posted in this thread.

Wearing the Drake's Crosby moc-toe boots today.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Back in the Cornwallis today. A really great go-to for spring.

IMG_20210224_143431_402 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ Those are spectacular

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Back in the Cornwallis today. A really great go-to for spring.

IMG_20210224_143431_402 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• lgball
    replied
    My new, to me, grey and blue Strandmoks.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    I'm looking for something I can wear on office casual days (e.g., jeans and a sweater or an OCBD). I've never been happy with any "minimal" sneakers (Greats, Good Man Brand) because they're too narrow in the toes. How do the Air Force 1s fit? Are they any wider?
    I agree--most minimal sneakers like Stan Smiths are pretty streamlined, and tight. The AF1's are roomy in the toe-box.

The thing I think makes these a lot more comfortable than other standard minimal sneakers is that these have foam soles, instead of the gum or rubber. Very comfortable to walk/stand in.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

Air Force One lowtops
    Ha--I just ordered a different pair of Air Force 1 lowtops yesterday on an impulse:

https://www.nike.com/t/air-force-1-0...BM6/CJ9179-200

I changed my mind later so I'll almost certainly be sending them back, but still ...

I'm looking for something I can wear on office casual days (e.g., jeans and a sweater or an OCBD). I've never been happy with any "minimal" sneakers (Greats, Good Man Brand) because they're too narrow in the toes. How do the Air Force 1s fit? Are they any wider?

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Air Force One lowtops

Leave a comment:

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    My 11 year old Clarks Desert Boots. My wife says they look like dirty sandwiches that a hobo would avoid...but these shoes have traveled the world (and been in actual deserts), and have developed the rustic patina of a bygone era.

https://imgur.com/a/uXHAKjN

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Clarks to go with a navy suit and red check gingham shirt.
    Please don't mind the rat's nest of USB and other cabling lots of machines in my classroom.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied

IMG_20210204_092003_428 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X