• Show
Clear All

• jikaasik
    replied
    Allen Edmonds McAllisters in Dark Chili by jikaasik, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Determined to wear these as deep into the fall as I can...

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
    What are shoes again? Since the start of Covid, I feel like I've forgotten.

In all seriousness though, I wore my Higgins Mills boots last weekend to eat dinner out(side) and it was the first time I had worn any of my AEs since mid-March when full time WFH began. Made me kind of sad, but it was nice to wear something other than sneakers again. Felt like a good introduction to fall as well.
    This ^^ I swapped out my winter boots for summer dress shoes and guess what? None of them saw the light of day. The same could really be said for most of my summer shoes. I think I wore my Killshots half a dozen times, if that. My go-to shoes were Stan Smith's and Birkenstocks. Even then, I think I wore each of those a dozen times or so. This pandemic has really cut down on my leaving the house. Unless I'm in cycling shoes of course. Now THOSE I wore pretty much every day this summer. So much so that I had to replace the cleats. Think of it as resoling for cycling shoes.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by drocpsu View Post

In all seriousness though, I wore my Higgins Mills boots last weekend to eat dinner out(side) and it was the first time I had worn any of my AEs since mid-March when full time WFH began. Made me kind of sad, but it was nice to wear something other than sneakers again. Felt like a good introduction to fall as well.
    Between the reduced opportunities to wear nice shoes AND Tapatalk not working for photos on here anymore, I haven't been able to post photos of even the few times a month I get dressed up with nice shoes.

And I've picked up some amazing shoes in the last six months. Some vintage Florsheim in shell, some other vintage Florsheims, a pair of vintage made in USA Nettleton shoes that I had a custom patina put on--(oh jeez, those are beautiful), a wonderful pair of John Lobb monk straps (barely used from a member of this forum), a pair of Crockett & Jones penny loafers, a pair of AE Redan saddle shoes in tan and burgundy (second hand, but never worn), and finally, two pairs of AE shoes from the Independence Collection, Jefferson II and Bartlett.

If you want to see the kind of work the patina artist does, check out Hancore Labs on Instagram. You can see my Nettleton shoes.

https://www.instagram.com/hancore/

About the John Lobb shoes: Holy wow! I've never held a pair of $1,500 shoes in my hands before. The workmanship is a miles ahead of what you might get from AE (and it should be). Is it five times better? Probably not. But they are beautifully made with great leather. Just flawless. And the AE Independence Collection shoes? Well, I got them on sale for under $200 each--no complaints there. They are clearly a step above the standard AE shoes.

I wish I had more time to wear them. And I'm going to start posting photos again when I get around to getting photobucket or some such service.

Last edited by mebejoseph; October 23, 2020, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Couple days ago:

IMG_20200914_155750_097 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Earlier today:

IMG_20200916_120800_509 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Attending drill during COVID is pretty fun. I get to watch nature shows in my Indy 405s while Teams runs next to me and I "collaborate remotely".

IMG_20200912_141909_312 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Vaughanhle View Post
    converse, everyday
    Guys i found the future spammer.

IMG_20200728_144011_411 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• ZoeScott
    replied
    I did wear kinda sandals today but it's more like high heels after all, lol

Leave a comment:

• Vaughanhle
    replied
    converse, everyday

Leave a comment:

• brckmrphy
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post

Mine came from Epaulet a few years back.

Rockin some AE Lauderdales today.

20200712_124539 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    Nice pair of shoe.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Wow, those are something special! I know they don't make them anymore, but I found a pair on Etsy in my size for only $65. So tempted . . .

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Wow, those are something special! I know they don't make them anymore, but I found a pair on Etsy in my size for only $65. So tempted . . .

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

Of course I don't know where armedferret got his, but JFitzpatick will do these made to order. Here's an example, but you can order them in a variety of colors and leathers:

https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com...-museum-calf-1

For something more affordable, Beckett Simonon makes them as well:

https://www.beckettsimonon.com/produ...29574152486991

Carmina makes several pairs:

https://www.carminashoemaker.com/men...name=match_and

Carlos Santos makes some:

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/carlo...oots/guimaraes

I'm sure there are others as well.

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    I'd been looking for some German Army Trainers for a bit and recently placed an order for Oliver Cabell's iteration. They required a bit of break in, but I'm really liking them so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X