This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shoes are you wearing today?

One of my favorite topics on menswear forums is “what shoes are you wearing today”. I love getting ideas from others about different shoe and sock combinations. It is one thing to see shoes on a website, but seeing them in the wild with outfit combos makes purchasing decisions much easier, for me anyway. So, I figured I’d start a thread and see what’s what.

This was a pair of Mezlan single monk straps I bought a few years back. The color was “Crema”, a light tan that I didnt much like. I darkened them with some brown cream and conditioned them. I like the color much better than previously. Socks are from tiebar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will let you know as soon as I put some on. I like the thread idea though.

Comment

I like this thread! I should start posting tomorrow.

One of the last things I think about as I fall asleep at night is which shoes I'm going to wear the next day.

Tomorrow is casual Friday. Right now, I am thinking about one of these options:

Donald Piner blue suede oxfords;
      Herring Premier tan full brogue wingtip single monkstraps (similar to the shoes in the first post, but no split toe and with full brogue;
      Allen Edmonds Nomad brown suede chukka boots (but I think I wore these last Friday, so maybe not);
      Allen Edmonds Stuttgart derby shoes in walnut.
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

[MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] lol I figured you’d like it Joseph, you have a great collection.

Comment

Navy Carmina penny loafers and some wool socks.

Comment

Brooks Brothers Alden tassel loafers

Make this a sticky!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Brooks Brothers Alden tassel loafers

Make this a sticky!!!

If you didnt post some kind of loafer for your first pic I was going to be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                If you didnt post some kind of loafer for your first pic I was going to be disappointed.
                Haha I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Wsaywt

Staying on theme, my workhorses — definitely my go to shoes of last year, and ones that’ll continue to be worn a lot in 2019 (alongside black ones I recently purchased). I never thought I’d be a loafer guy, but here we are.

Ed: not their best angle, I’d definitely fail as a shoe blogger

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                    I aim to please! I will try to post all of my loafers in the upcoming weeks. I forgot to post the shell cordovan AE’s yesterday.

Comment

Bitflex Chelseas in "Cuoio." So comfy.

Great thread!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Banana Republic Nicklas

Comment

Donald Pliner blue suede wing tip oxfords for casual Friday. Made in Brazil (isn't that where Beckett-Simonon makes their shoes?), I think they are Blake stitched, but can't tell for sure. I suppose the stitching could be decorative. I can't imagine they are Goodyear welted for the $120 I paid. I quite like them and they are very comfortable for a size 12 (I am really a 12.5).

"Super Soft" socks from Nordstrom. Last year I decided to try some socks made from "tech" fabrics instead of cotton or wool. I rather like them, so I purchased several more pairs when they were on sale.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Great idea for a thread.

Cole Hahn Pinch Sanford Bit Loafers.

[IMG]loafer1 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/[/url][/IMG]
                            Last edited by Ron; January 11th, 2019, 02:46 PM. Reason: trying to get photos imbedded in post.

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                              Bitflex Chelseas in "Cuoio." So comfy.

Great thread!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                              Very nice! I have not been a Chelsea fan for the longest time, but they've definitely started to grow on me recently. Then lately I've been getting targeted Instagram adds from Huckberry involving the Bitflex chelseas in Nubuck...let's just say I might be crossing the chelsea boot threshold at some point in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X