AE Carlyles in brown.

Comment

BluKicks suede loafers...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

AE Higgins Mill in brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today I am wearing one of my very favorites, the Cobbler Union Jean Pierre. I love two-tone shoes and these are tame enough to wear to the office. Also, they are comfortable, fit well, and best of of all, I got them on sale for $150--usually about $400. YAY!

Socks are Bugatchi Mercerized Socks from Norstrom. I'm going to confess that I did purchase a few new pairs of socks because of this thread.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

AE Liverpool in walnut. Made it out of the garage in the off-white cords yesterday unscathed (pressing out bearings in an Alfa Romeo clutch housing). Parts store run today will be less risky

Comment

[MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] - 2 tone shoes scare me and I don't own a pair. Not even saddle shoes which seem to be easy to wear. Hell it took a while to get over my dislike of the Higgins Mills I am wearing where the welt is lighter than the leather shade.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                [MENTION=17354]mebejoseph[/MENTION] - 2 tone shoes scare me and I don't own a pair. Not even saddle shoes which seem to be easy to wear. Hell it took a while to get over my dislike of the Higgins Mills I am wearing where the welt is lighter than the leather shade.
                I've worn two-tone shoes for years, but not with suits to work until recently--Those Cobbler Union shoes (above) and the AE shoes I dyed myself (also above).

I figure if people, in the name of "business casual" at a law office, are wearing their sneakers, worn out crepe soled chukka boots, and shoes that look like Rockport Marshalls, I can wear two-tone shoes to the office. I wouldn't wear them to court, however.

On the AE shoes, the contrast is so subtle that very few people even notice.

On the Cobbler Union shoes, because the burgundy is near the top, it is often 50% covered by my pant legs; so, again, the look is subtle.

And I'm finding it enjoyable to wear the two-tone shoes and others seem to appreciate the stepping up in style. One of the partners I was sharing an elevator ride with recently made a joke and asked me if I noticed that my bonus was higher this year because I won "Best Dressed Lawyer." That's thanks to getting some coaching from here from all you gentlemen that helped me step up my game just a little bit.

But I think that proves the two-tone look isn't pushing the limits.

Comment

AE Rush Street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                    I've worn two-tone shoes for years, but not with suits to work until recently--Those Cobbler Union shoes (above) and the AE shoes I dyed myself (also above).

I figure if people, in the name of "business casual" at a law office, are wearing their sneakers, worn out crepe soled chukka boots, and shoes that look like Rockport Marshalls, I can wear two-tone shoes to the office. I wouldn't wear them to court, however.

On the AE shoes, the contrast is so subtle that very few people even notice.

On the Cobbler Union shoes, because the burgundy is near the top, it is often 50% covered by my pant legs; so, again, the look is subtle.

And I'm finding it enjoyable to wear the two-tone shoes and others seem to appreciate the stepping up in style. One of the partners I was sharing an elevator ride with recently made a joke and asked me if I noticed that my bonus was higher this year because I won "Best Dressed Lawyer." That's thanks to getting some coaching from here from all you gentlemen that helped me step up my game just a little bit.

But I think that proves the two-tone look isn't pushing the limits.
                    I like two toned shoes as well. My coffee AE 5th avenues probably qualify if not by design then by flaw. In any event, I like them.

Again, nothing wrong with pushing the envelope. That's how new ideas are born!

Comment

Wolverine 1000 Mile Adrian

Comment

Jack Erwin Hubert Longwing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .brian. View Post

fantastic boot

Comment

Originally posted by .brian. View Post

Yeah! I wanna get me some of those some day. I love the "Wolverine Thousand Mile Boot" name as well as the style and reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              fantastic boot
                              Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                              Yeah! I wanna get me some of those some day. I love the "Wolverine Thousand Mile Boot" name as well as the style and reputation.
                              They are going on 3 or 4 years old at this point. Throw on some Bick 4 or Venetian shoe cream a few times a year and they are good to go. Picked them up during one of those Nordstrom half yearly sales.

Comment

Clarks Bostonian No16 Cap Toes in Burgundy. Super pleased with these boots so far -- first because they were free, and second because they're my first pair of Goodyear welted boots.

I'm happy to post a mini-review if there's interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X