This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
    Thursday Boot Company Scouts in Dark Olive Suede. Waiting patiently for their flight.

I love the idea of dark olive suede, but how are those in real life? Are the toe and heel as heavily burnished as they look in Thursday's product photos? And are Thursday heels really as high as they look in the same photos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post
      Man those are fantastic!
      Thanks!

I almost bought a like new pair on Ebay, but just missed out and I’m glad I did. The ones posted were a deep dark brown with no color variation. These were on sale on BB (still not cheap!). When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised when they came out with a slightly lighter shade and the even lighter toe pieces. I absolutely love these!

Comment

• Nice try Lao Che!!

20200306_134215 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
          I love the idea of dark olive suede, but how are those in real life? Are the toe and heel as heavily burnished as they look in Thursday's product photos? And are Thursday heels really as high as they look in the same photos?
          They are very dark and can pass for brown if the lighting is not bright. The toe and heal are heavily burnished. More so then I thought they would be but they have grown on me.

The heels do look huge in the stock photos but I have not noticed wearing them. Ill take a look later and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            hot diggity that's right on the way to Gettysburg from my house....
            By the way, these look even better in person. I'm amazed at the job he did.

BTW, gotta give credit to Sunny Yoo, who at somewhere around 30ish years of age, has already taken best in show at an international cobbler competition:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...l-competition/

Metro Cobbler and Shoe Repair, 10209 Grand Central Ave, #100, Ownings Mills, Maryland, 410.356.4656

https://www.facebook.com/thecobblersunny/
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
              They are very dark and can pass for brown if the lighting is not bright. The toe and heal are heavily burnished. More so then I thought they would be but they have grown on me.

The heels do look huge in the stock photos but I have not noticed wearing them. Ill take a look later and see.
              Heels are pretty much standard size. Perhaps a little higher but not noticeably.

Comment

• AE Daltons going for a stroll.

Comment

• Heading to Costco to see if I can get some paper towels.
                  Adidas Gazelle, Gustin #156 Italy Sea Blue selvedge.

...annnnnd there's a line outside. At least they're doing what they can to ensure social distancing.

Comment

• Felt like wearing my restored vintage Florsheim long wings today for working from home. JR soles—never been worn outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                      Felt like wearing my restored vintage Florsheim long wings today for working from home. JR soles—never been worn outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Absolutely beautiful shoes!

Comment

• Just arrived today. Frye Owen slip on sneakers, made in Italy. Definitely a keeper, and I've already got the lace up version of these on the way.

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post320416

"Working" from home... Actually, don't know why I'm using quotes since I'm still putting in a reasonable amount of work for a biotech bench barnacle.

Comment

• Speaking of Stan Smiths... These aren't shiny gold, but they're a little bit fun... Pharrell Williams Adidas collab - Stan Smiths in ecru with salmon laces...

Mark

Comment

• These arrived a few days earlier than scheduled today! Made Italy Frye Owen sneakers.

Here they are next to the slip on version that came last week:

Last edited by Nandyn; April 12th, 2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• First time out in those funky moc toe Macalisters from J. Crew. I can't believe I got these for only $45, or that I then the other color for only $36. They're great.

Comment

• Crockett & Jones for Brooks Brothers. Picked up for less than $250 with the recent Brooks Brothers sales & eBates/Rakuten.

Comment

Working...
                                X