This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look pretty great to me.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
      Most of my wardrobe isn't really influenced by the internet, as my tastes, while classical, aren't exactly in line with #menswear. These shell Daltons were probably the one time ever that I bought something because the internet told me to. I wouldn't call it a bad purchase as I do wear them with jeans, cords, etc., but they're not exactly a wardrobe staple like my Strands or McAllister. Kind of goes to show that an item is only a must-have if it works with the rest of your items and tastes, and just because someone on Instagram says they're good doesn't mean they'll work for you.

Also, my repertoire of shoeshine tricks doesn't seem to work all that well on them, and they're always turning cruddy by themselves because of oily bloom or whatever the Horween guys want to call it.

One of the benefits of Shell Cordovan is being super low maintenance, you’re not supposed to put a high gloss mirror shine on it and putting a bunch of creams and waxes on it makes it look worse. But yes totally agreed that there are very few things (if any) that work for everybody.
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Edward Green Galway in Rosewood CC

Comment

• [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION], very nice ^
          Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post

Edward Green Galway in Rosewood CC
            Yeah, beautiful!

Comment

But yes totally agreed that there are very few things (if any) that work for everybody.
              I notice you're one of the few people here who has a sizable collection of stuff in C&J/EG/StCrispin territory. If you don't mind me asking, is this simply a matter of them doing things generally better, which we should all "graduate" to eventually, or do you just happen to prefer something specific that they do, e.g. last shape, which might be worth the increased cost for some people, but not necessarily for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
                I notice you're one of the few people here who has a sizable collection of stuff in C&J/EG/StCrispin territory. If you don't mind me asking, is this simply a matter of them doing things generally better, which we should all "graduate" to eventually, or do you just happen to prefer something specific that they do, e.g. last shape, which might be worth the increased cost for some people, but not necessarily for everyone?
                For the most part these makers do everything better with some things more objective and others more subjective (leather quality, last shape, construction, design, etc.). That being said, I’d say it’s definitely not something that everyone should graduate to. Most importantly is fit, find the brand that fits your feet the best, and a lot of these makers don’t offer super narrow or super wide widths like AE. Also, for most people they won’t notice or care enough about the differences to justify paying 3x as much compared to a pair of AE.

But for me personally I wouldn’t buy another pair of AE’s again (combo of fit, quality, design, and customer service) no matter how good of a deal it is.

Comment

• Tattoo day begets shell. (Been here since 10 am....2 hours to go)

20200219_115934 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• First time out for my AE Jeffersons

Headed to court

I was skeptical at first, but they really are a cut above the standard Allen Edmonds mainline shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

C&J Radnor in Russian Calf. The leather is really cool and now I’m considering the Carmina Chukka GMTO...
                      There was a LNIB pair of these on eBay a year or two ago in my size. Since they weren't on my insta-kop list, I didn't pick them up but every now and then I dream of them.

Comment

• Carmina semis that I love wearing. Hard to capture the patina but it is coming in nicely

Comment

• The bane of anyone running first in MarioKart.

20200222_104519 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Comment

• Those are blue or just the way they look in the photo? I really like them.

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                            The bane of anyone running first in MarioKart.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                              Those are blue or just the way they look in the photo? I really like them.
                              Blue Shell.

Get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                                The bane of anyone running first in MarioKart.

I chuckled.

Comment

Working...
                                X