Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long-awaited Chili Cordovan Strands, all cleaned up and ready for fun.

The sole is quite a piece of work!

I'm undecided on the lacing. I lace virtually all oxfords with straight bars but, for some reason, there's a traditional appeal to crossing them. We'll see...
    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Damn, those are nice.

Comment

• My Alden/ Brooks Brother Cordovan Monk Straps...

Comment

• Amazingly beautiful!

They look almost Oxblood, one of my favorite shoe colors, certainly more red than my friend's calf leather Chili Fifth Avenues.

Are they that red in person?

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
          The long-awaited Chili Cordovan Strands, all cleaned up and ready for fun.

I'm undecided on the lacing. I lace virtually all oxfords with straight bars but, for some reason, there's a traditional appeal to crossing them. We'll see...
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Wow, two pairs of beautiful shell shoes in a row today!
            Originally posted by Heafcliffe View Post
            My Alden/ Brooks Brother Cordovan Monk Straps...

Comment

• It's probably the camera making them look so red. Next to my oxblood Park Ave's, these are definitely less red. But the Cordovan, itself, reflects the light quite differently and adds a lot of brightness to them

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnR View Post

Those shoes are a thing of beauty!

I use straight bars too but I see what you're saying about crossing them.

I cross my boot laces and my derbies and straight lace my oxfords.

Either way, they will look amazing. Enjoy them.

Comment

• An ideal husband wore his ideal jfitzpatrick tassel loafers to see the play, An Ideal Husband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Those are a beautiful pair of shoes! Love the colour.

Comment

Bro..... I saw that it was a bit of an ordeal getting these, but seems like it was well worth the wait! Hope you enjoy wearing these for decades to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
                        Bro..... I saw that it was a bit of an ordeal getting these, but seems like it was well worth the wait! Hope you enjoy wearing these for decades to come.
                        Indeed! Thanks

Comment

• C&J Radnor in Russian Calf. The leather is really cool and now I’m considering the Carmina Chukka GMTO...
                          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Crockett & Jones Sydney loafer in near new condition for a visit to the barber and dentist. But not like in the old days where the same guy did both.

I scored these on eBay for less than 25% of the new price.

I’m loving them, but they do feel like they require some breaking in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Most of my wardrobe isn't really influenced by the internet, as my tastes, while classical, aren't exactly in line with #menswear. These shell Daltons were probably the one time ever that I bought something because the internet told me to. I wouldn't call it a bad purchase as I do wear them with jeans, cords, etc., but they're not exactly a wardrobe staple like my Strands or McAllister. Kind of goes to show that an item is only a must-have if it works with the rest of your items and tastes, and just because someone on Instagram says they're good doesn't mean they'll work for you.

Also, my repertoire of shoeshine tricks doesn't seem to work all that well on them, and they're always turning cruddy by themselves because of oily bloom or whatever the Horween guys want to call it.

Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; February 15, 2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X