This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I sized down a half size. Due to the amount of pain the boots caused me I was left scratching my head, thinking I did the wrong thing. I tried to wear the boots. Gave them a couple of years but never could pull it off. In the end i think I gave the boots away. A shame too because the boots were not cheap.
    My iron rangers were utterly miserable until they broke in. They are still not my most comfortable pair of boots, but they at least are wearable.

Comment

So hard to pick a pair to day that would fit with dentist appointment, a trip to the hardware store, a trip to the pharmacy, and a trip to the dry cleaners.

Finally decided on my beautiful Carlos Santos boots. At least I get to look at them for an hour in the dentist chair while they are grinding my tooth down for a new crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

That talk of the MacNeils had me pulling these out. As far as I care, the LWB in brown scotch grain couldn't possibly be more in the smart casual wheelhouse. Pairs nicely with jeans, chinos, tweed, flannels, and it's dark enough that it would even be able to swing it with a navy or gray worsted suit. The only pair of AEs I have that I paid (almost) MSRP for, because I knew it would see a ton of use so didn't want to wait. Even randomly has the same sole technology as the ugly Road Warrior shoes, which I love as a too-frequent traveler; AFAIK it was the only mainline shoe to have that.

Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; January 31, 2020, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Vintage made in USA Nettleton.

Solid shoes. Look at all the metal in the soles!

Comment

Decided to make today special by wearing these ridiculously extravagant slippers my wife gave me for Xmas.

Frankly, I’m afraid to wear them sometimes because I am afraid I will spill coffee on them or something.

Note: I am wearing white socks because I am headed for the gym in a couple of hours. Of course, I will change into my athletic shoes for that

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              Decided to make today special by wearing these ridiculously extravagant slippers my wife gave me for Xmas.

Frankly, I’m afraid to wear them sometimes because I am afraid I will spill coffee on them or something.

Note: I am wearing white socks because I am headed for the gym in a couple of hours. Of course, I will change into my athletic shoes for that

Gorgon Medusa? Gotta love Roman versions of Greek mythology. "Hey, you got raped by a god in the temple? Now you're gonna be punished by being turned into a monster." Definitely interesting choice of logo for Versace.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                Gorgon Medusa? Gotta love Roman versions of Greek mythology. "Hey, you got raped by a god in the temple? Now you're gonna be punished by being turned into a monster." Definitely interesting choice of logo for Versace.
                Thanks, now I'm going to be thinking about the rape culture of the ancient Romans and Greeks every time I wear these.

Comment

Thanks, now I'm going to be thinking about the rape culture of the ancient Romans and Greeks every time I wear these.
                  Early frontrunner for 2020 quote of the year!

Comment

No worries! Your shoes are actually probably a metaphor for the sacking and pillaging of Greek temples during a lost battle/war. Proudly wear them into battle!

Are they strictly for lounging in the house or do you ever wear them out?

Comment

Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post
                      Early frontrunner for 2020 quote of the year!

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                      No worries! Your shoes are actually probably a metaphor for the sacking and pillaging of Greek temples during a lost battle/war. Proudly wear them into battle!

Are they strictly for lounging in the house or do you ever wear them out?
                      Only for lounging when I want to feel fancy. Although the soles are substantial enough to wear outside, they have silk uppers, and even wearing them inside they easily seem to attract dust and household stains. I suppose if I had a driver who could pick me up at my doorstep and drop me off at "the club", I might wear them outside the house. While fancy lounge slippers were at the top of my Xmas list, but I was expecting something like the velvet slippers Brooks Brothers sells.

Since starting to work 90% from home, I've picked up several pairs of shoes and lounge slippers that are only for wearing inside, including some vintage new old stock US made Bostonian tassel loafers (see below later today) and a vintage pair of Johnston Murphy vintage crown aristocraft shoes that I am sending off to have vibram soles put on so they feel like slippers.

Comment

Only for lounging when I want to feel fancy. Although the soles are substantial enough to wear outside, they have silk uppers, and even wearing them inside they easily seem to attract dust and household stains. I suppose if I had a driver who could pick me up at my doorstep and drop me off at "the club", I might wear them outside the house. While fancy lounge slippers were at the top of my Xmas list, but I was expecting something like the velvet slippers Brooks Brothers sells.

Since starting to work 90% from home, I've picked up several pairs of shoes and lounge slippers that are only for wearing inside, including some vintage new old stock US made Bostonian tassel loafers (see below later today) and a vintage pair of Johnston Murphy vintage crown aristocraft shoes that I am sending off to have vibram soles put on so they feel like slippers.
                        Sounds quite luxurious. You could always be carried around like Chappelle-Diddy:

(Finally found a gif that'll actually display here)
                        Last edited by Nandyn; February 5, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Please say that you're changing into gym shoes only after walking into the gym with those on!

Comment

My indoor-dedicated new old stock vintage Bostonian tassel loafers for working at home and my AE Stuttgart derbies for a lunch meeting.

Last edited by mebejoseph; February 5, 2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
                              Please say that you're changing into gym shoes only after walking into the gym with those on!
                              No, I do not wear them outside the house. I am afraid I will ruin them.

Comment

My newest pair of inside only work at home shoes—New old stock vintage ET Wright “Breather Wright” loafers with “arch preservers.”

It’s got interesting faux Goodyear welt construction and “velvet” leather soles. The uppers seem like they’re pretty cheap leather.

But for $30, it’s a win!

I’m surprised at how comfortable they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X