X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&J Conistons
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Wow [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]. I like those boots a lot.

Comment

Bourbon on Bourbon.

IMG_20200119_214513_032 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Wow [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]. I like those boots a lot.
          Yeah! Very sharp.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

BB/Alden unlined Shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RL chukkas

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

S&M chukkas today with some tweed pants from them as well

Comment

Chukka week... Sperry Gold Cups

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Red Wing 875s are on my feet today.

And go ahead, make fun of me if you wish or marvel at my weirdness, but I felt like showing off my choice of socks. They're actually not my usual boot socks (preferring instead thicker hiking-style socks or more conventional athletic socks depending on the weather), but I like to wear these for sh*ts and giggles from time to time. And don't worry; I would never wear these socks with shorts! They're only for jeans and boots, and so nobody knows but me and anybody whom I feel like sharing my secret with.

Last edited by Mercer; January 28, 2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post

And go ahead, make fun of me if you wish or marvel at my weirdness, but I felt like showing off my choice of socks. They're actually not my usual boot socks (preferring instead thicker hiking-style socks or more conventional athletic socks depending on the weather), but I like to wear these for sh*ts and giggles from time to time. And don't worry; I would never wear these socks with shorts! They're only for jeans and boots, and so nobody knows but me and anybody whom I feel like sharing my secret with.

Let's make a new thread: What Socks I Wore Today

Nothing wrong with those, especially with jeans.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

[MENTION=13106]Mercer[/MENTION] good job on wearing those boots. I bought a pair and for the life of me I couldn't wear them. Hurt my feet like the dickens. Not sure if I bought them too small, although from a length perspective the boots fit just fine. But the width. Man, putting them was brutal. Too bad too since I generally liked the appearance of the boot.

Comment

And go ahead, make fun of me if you wish or marvel at my weirdness, but I felt like showing off my choice of socks. They're actually not my usual boot socks (preferring instead thicker hiking-style socks or more conventional athletic socks depending on the weather), but I like to wear these for sh*ts and giggles from time to time. And don't worry; I would never wear these socks with shorts! They're only for jeans and boots, and so nobody knows but me and anybody whom I feel like sharing my secret with
                          Well we’ll just keep it between us, then

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            [MENTION=13106]Mercer[/MENTION] good job on wearing those boots. I bought a pair and for the life of me I couldn't wear them. Hurt my feet like the dickens. Not sure if I bought them too small, although from a length perspective the boots fit just fine. But the width. Man, putting them was brutal. Too bad too since I generally liked the appearance of the boot.
                            Oh man, I’m sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the boots. Did you size down as they recommend or go with your usual size? I sized down just a half size. I’ve often heard that it’s to be expected that 875s are hell to break in. But these are my 2nd pair of 875s, and I also have 2942 Roughnecks, 8111 Iron Rangers, and 1155 Pecos. None of them have been uncomfortable to wear even while breaking in. As for getting the boots on (referring to all my lace-up RWs, not just the 875s), I do have to remove the laces from the top 3 holes before pulling on the boots, which is a pain. But other than that, I haven’t really experienced any of the pain and discomfort allegedly associated with new RWs. Makes me wonder if something is wrong.

Comment

Probably my faves for pairing with blue, brown, or gray trousers. My black captoes are jelly.

Damn thing about plain toes though is that you don't quite know where the toe stiffener ends. Ended up applying too much hard wax into the crease zone, which triggered the spidering cracks. Oops. The correct way to fix it is to take higher solvent polish to melt the cracks back together but the only thing I have in neutral right now is a dried out lump of Kiwi, and I'm not about to start applying anything colored that might alter the finish*, so for now this is fine; it's just shoes.

*Related: This is frequently a situation where people start talking about using Renovateur to remove "built-up polish" or whatever. Don't do that. That's a fictional problem meant to sell mysterious French goo and most of the time you'll just end up on StyleForum asking about how to repair the light spot you scrubbed on. Just use some wet polish and a bit of elbow grease and smooth it over.
                              Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; January 29, 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the boots. Did you size down as they recommend or go with your usual size? I sized down just a half size. I’ve often heard that it’s to be expected that 875s are hell to break in. But these are my 2nd pair of 875s, and I also have 2942 Roughnecks, 8111 Iron Rangers, and 1155 Pecos. None of them have been uncomfortable to wear even while breaking in. As for getting the boots on (referring to all my lace-up RWs, not just the 875s), I do have to remove the laces from the top 3 holes before pulling on the boots, which is a pain. But other than that, I haven’t really experienced any of the pain and discomfort allegedly associated with new RWs. Makes me wonder if something is wrong.
                                I sized down a half size. Due to the amount of pain the boots caused me I was left scratching my head, thinking I did the wrong thing. I tried to wear the boots. Gave them a couple of years but never could pull it off. In the end i think I gave the boots away. A shame too because the boots were not cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X