This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    nice. I saw the Higgins with tumbled leather on the recent main page post and was tempted.
    Me too. I succumbed to temptation and bought them in brown. Should be here in a few days.

Ok I admit I have a bit of a shoe problem. But the first step is admitting the problem. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      I like these a lot. AE Dalton's?
      Great Choice!
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Taft Jack

Comment

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
          Taft Jack

I've been on the fence about several different Jack models for a while now. What's your impression? They look great I'm just wishy-washy. :P

I was wearing some weatherproof Daltons from AE today. But the photos from that will be up on the front portion of the site sometime soon.
          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            I've been on the fence about several different Jack models for a while now. What's your impression? They look great I'm just wishy-washy. :P

I was wearing some weatherproof Daltons from AE today. But the photos from that will be up on the front portion of the site sometime soon.
            I have those very same boots. I really like them. I am very careful about when and where I wear them because wool is not easy to clean. They are definitely unique and people will notice them.

Comment

Nice!

(is that a transmission jack?)
              Thanks! I'm not quite sure what type of jack it is exactly other than that we have a big laboratory laser sitting on it lol

Comment

AE Higgins Mill, Tumbled Leather from recent sale (Thanks Joe)

Have to feed the addiction.

Comment

I like them. Would put them a level below old AE, similar to Beckett Simonon, but both still solid. Just ones I am more comfortable buying once under $200. They are better for slightly lower instep (I have a tough time getting the right shoe on, left is better...but I have higher volume feet, need to loosen the laces all the way down). But they are comfortable and need little/no break in. I haven't maintained them properly, as seen in the toe area. I work in IT and sometimes crawl under desks, so most of the toes on my shoes are wanting.

Comment

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] - I almost purchased the tumbled leather ones even though I have the plain brown ones. Seeing live pictures, I should have made the purchase as they are different enough and it would scratch the pebble grain boot itch for a reasonable price.

Comment

AE Jefferson 2.0 picked up off EBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Bourbon and Coke by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

LL Bean finally brought back their classic pebble grain camp mocs and I, for one, couldn't be happier...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

those are beautiful [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] I couldn't find them on their site. Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                              those are beautiful [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] I couldn't find them on their site. Do you have a link?
                              They are the "dark brown" color here: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1058...erm=camp%20moc

(BTW, I've been wearing these camp mocs for decades and consistently order 1/2 size smaller than my usual - these were no different)
                              Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                                They are the "dark brown" color here: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1058...erm=camp%20moc

(BTW, I've been wearing these camp mocs for decades and consistently order 1/2 size smaller than my usual - these were no different)
                                Thank you! I actually was on that page, but the "dark brown" looks like a totally different shoe than the one they advertise. I had a pair of these in high school and miss the heck out of them. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X