This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    nice. I saw the Higgins with tumbled leather on the recent main page post and was tempted.
    Me too. I succumbed to temptation and bought them in brown. Should be here in a few days.

Ok I admit I have a bit of a shoe problem. But the first step is admitting the problem. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      I like these a lot. AE Dalton's?
      Great Choice!
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Taft Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
          Taft Jack

I've been on the fence about several different Jack models for a while now. What's your impression? They look great I'm just wishy-washy. :P

I was wearing some weatherproof Daltons from AE today. But the photos from that will be up on the front portion of the site sometime soon.
          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            I've been on the fence about several different Jack models for a while now. What's your impression? They look great I'm just wishy-washy. :P

I was wearing some weatherproof Daltons from AE today. But the photos from that will be up on the front portion of the site sometime soon.
            I have those very same boots. I really like them. I am very careful about when and where I wear them because wool is not easy to clean. They are definitely unique and people will notice them.

Comment

Nice!

(is that a transmission jack?)
              Thanks! I'm not quite sure what type of jack it is exactly other than that we have a big laboratory laser sitting on it lol

Comment

• AE Higgins Mill, Tumbled Leather from recent sale (Thanks Joe)

Have to feed the addiction.

Comment

I like them. Would put them a level below old AE, similar to Beckett Simonon, but both still solid. Just ones I am more comfortable buying once under $200. They are better for slightly lower instep (I have a tough time getting the right shoe on, left is better...but I have higher volume feet, need to loosen the laces all the way down). But they are comfortable and need little/no break in. I haven't maintained them properly, as seen in the toe area. I work in IT and sometimes crawl under desks, so most of the toes on my shoes are wanting.

Comment

• [MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] - I almost purchased the tumbled leather ones even though I have the plain brown ones. Seeing live pictures, I should have made the purchase as they are different enough and it would scratch the pebble grain boot itch for a reasonable price.

Comment

• AE Jefferson 2.0 picked up off EBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Bourbon and Coke by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• LL Bean finally brought back their classic pebble grain camp mocs and I, for one, couldn't be happier...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

• those are beautiful [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] I couldn't find them on their site. Do you have a link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shade View Post
                              those are beautiful [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] I couldn't find them on their site. Do you have a link?
                              They are the "dark brown" color here: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1058...erm=camp%20moc

(BTW, I've been wearing these camp mocs for decades and consistently order 1/2 size smaller than my usual - these were no different)
                              Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

• Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                                They are the "dark brown" color here: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1058...erm=camp%20moc

(BTW, I've been wearing these camp mocs for decades and consistently order 1/2 size smaller than my usual - these were no different)
                                Thank you! I actually was on that page, but the "dark brown" looks like a totally different shoe than the one they advertise. I had a pair of these in high school and miss the heck out of them. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X