Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=11094]77Pat[/MENTION] I wore these boots for the first time last week. While the boots were comfortable on my feet, the top line of the boot rubbed my shin/calf raw. Hopefully it is only a temporary issue with the boot and I'll be able to wear them again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      [MENTION=19310]Banks[/MENTION] - Love the boots. Those are on the short list of grail shoe purchases.
      Thanks! They're a bit sleeker than I realized before buying, but that just means they work for the occasional office day too.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        [MENTION=11094]77Pat[/MENTION] I wore these boots for the first time last week. While the boots were comfortable on my feet, the top line of the boot rubbed my shin/calf raw. Hopefully it is only a temporary issue with the boot and I'll be able to wear them again soon.
        I didn't have this issue but I picked up a pair of the rough out Higgins Mills during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and after wearing them about 5 or 6 times, the Dainite sole on one boot was separating from the upper around the toe area. Very disappointing as I love the style of the boot and expected better from AE. Nordstrom had a new pair shipped out, so I'm hoping these do better. For whatever reason (Caleres?), I've had terrible luck with AE boots/shoes the past several years.

Comment

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
          Higgins Mill 2nds

nice. I saw the Higgins with tumbled leather on the recent main page post and was tempted.

Comment

Mercanti Fiorentini bamboo bits

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Born chukkas are already picking up some patina. Probably time for a conditioning. Born didn't get much attention around here but I'd you wait for a sale they are decent beaters. And comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AE McGregors today.

Comment

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMG_20191115_080613_967 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                      love that color

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        love that color
                        I'm keen on it too.

Nice comparison photos with other colors coming to the main site. Should have the writeup done tomorrow. Been a BEAR comin back to work after a week off and all the things hitting the fan at once. Hence the morale day today....brekkie at a diner and now off to throw axes and race karts.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                          I like these a lot. AE Dalton's?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            I like these a lot. AE Dalton's?
                            Yessir. I busted my hiney driving for uber a couple years back, and was able to put together a fair to middlin family of AE boots n chooz.

These are by far one of my favorite pairs out of the rotation.

Comment

Jack Erwin chelseas that I got almost 4 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                                Jack Erwin chelseas that I got almost 4 years ago

Nice!

(is that a transmission jack?)

Comment

Working...
                                X