This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
    Also check J.Crew website, might be easier in case of returns. Also a good read https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/gr...wyatt-gilmore/
    Read that article and now I want one of their shoes, even though their toe seems a bit too round.

Comment

Black Burgundy Rambler by Truman. I love my Truman boots.

20191026_174236 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Frye Walter Lace-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
          Just checked out Grant Stone's website and they have some really nice looking shoes. I hadnt really seen much of them before, but now I am thinking of getting a pair. Back down the rabbit-hole!
          I reviewed a pair for Dappered awhile back. As an Alden guy, I was seriously impressed with the quality and value. The guy that started GS, his dad retired from Alden.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            I reviewed a pair for Dappered awhile back. As an Alden guy, I was seriously impressed with the quality and value. The guy that started GS, his dad retired from Alden.
            The Bespoke Shoes Unlaced blog you linked to in your review is my new favorite website! I spent a couple hours reading the blog there.

Thanks
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Do you know if GS has ever done a LWB in #8 shell? I'd like to get into the shell game and like the shape of the Alden last but I'd honestly appreciate something a tad more affordable than Alden.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                Do you know if GS has ever done a LWB in #8 shell? I'd like to get into the shell game and like the shape of the Alden last but I'd honestly appreciate something a tad more affordable than Alden.
                Hmm, can't say I've seen one. I know they've done Shell before, so I'd reach out and see if they can.

Comment

Meermin does shell long wing shoes sometimes. Much less than Alden. If you see a model you like, you can request email noticfication of the next MTO group.

Here's one in burgundy:

https://meermin.com/in_en/1013752510...e-burdeos.html

Comment

Hmm, can't say I've seen one. I know they've done Shell before, so I'd reach out and see if they can.
                    Will do. Thanks!

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                    Meermin does shell long wing shoes sometimes. Much less than Alden. If you see a model you like, you can request email noticfication of the next MTO group.

Here's one in burgundy:

https://meermin.com/in_en/1013752510...e-burdeos.html
                    Appreciate the link! Do you have any experience with their Japanese shell? I seem to recall seeing differing opinions on r/GYW regarding how they age/deal with day-to-day life. In the end I do prefer a more casual/bulbous/gun boat last shape for this pair of LWB, I think.

Comment

An extremely well worn pair of red wing chukkas.

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Appreciate the link! Do you have any experience with their Japanese shell? I seem to recall seeing differing opinions on r/GYW regarding how they age/deal with day-to-day life. In the end I do prefer a more casual/bulbous/gun boat last shape for this pair of LWB, I think.
                        I don't have any experience with any shell.

Also, I don't have any Meermin shoes. A friend has a couple of pairs he likes and also has the same typical comments about them being hard to break in.

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Personally I prefer horween shell to shinki, granted my only experience with shinki shell is from meermin.

I think grant stone shell is pretty similar to alden in price, I’d just get the aldens for the horween shell unless you don’t like alden’s no. 8
                          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                            I don't have any experience with any shell.

Also, I don't have any Meermin shoes. A friend has a couple of pairs he likes and also has the same typical comments about them being hard to break in.
                            I also have two pairs of Meermin myself. Definitely not the most comfortable out of the box.

Originally posted by Token View Post
                            Personally I prefer horween shell to shinki, granted my only experience with shinki shell is from meermin.

I think grant stone shell is pretty similar to alden in price, I’d just get the aldens for the horween shell unless you don’t like alden’s no. 8
                            I do like alden's color 8, you are right though I should probably just pony up for those.

Comment

Herring Premier/Alfred Sargent (109 last)

Comment

Went as Peter B Parker to a Halloween party

Comment

Working...
                                X