X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 77Pat View Post
    Grant Stone

Man, Grant Stone really does offer some of the nicest shoes on the market for value. I've been super impressed with their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Man, Grant Stone really does offer some of the nicest shoes on the market for value. I've been super impressed with their stuff.
      Agree. There are a few brands I will pay full price vs waiting for sales. They are on my short list.

Comment

J.Ftizpatrick's

Comment

Grant stone shoes are value at $300 some?

Comment

Dearforms all week. Enjoying the last few days of my week off before starting my new job.

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
              Dearforms all week. Enjoying the last few days of my week off before starting my new job.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

New laces for the AE Neumocks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree. There are a few brands I will pay full price vs waiting for sales. They are on my short list.
                  Just checked out Grant Stone's website and they have some really nice looking shoes. I hadnt really seen much of them before, but now I am thinking of getting a pair. Back down the rabbit-hole!

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                    Congratulations!
                    Thanks!! I'm excited to be leaving academia and joining the biotech industry.

I haven't been spending ALL day on the couch, though. Just now hit my old squat ORM of 275 lbs again after slacking off for a few months.

Reebok Lifter PR

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      Grant stone shoes are value at $300 some?
                      I would rather spend $300 on Grant Stone vs $200 on Allen Edmonds. I would put them a tier below Carmina and Cobbler Union (but I usually wait for sales/discounts, because it’s harder to justify $500 for shoes at the moment).

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                        Just checked out Grant Stone's website and they have some really nice looking shoes. I hadnt really seen much of them before, but now I am thinking of getting a pair. Back down the rabbit-hole!
                        Also check J.Crew website, might be easier in case of returns. Also a good read https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/gr...wyatt-gilmore/

Comment

I would rather spend $300 on Grant Stone vs $200 on Allen Edmonds. I would put them a tier below Carmina and Cobbler Union (but I usually wait for sales/discounts, because it’s harder to justify $500 for shoes at the moment).
                          Really that good? All the toe boxes seem a little bit too rounded/wide in the photos. Of course, those are the types of shoes that fit me best, so maybe I should consider them.

Comment

Rhodes Dean plain toe

I have never been a boot guy (besides cowboy boots) and wanted a pair for an upcoming trip to New York. I picked these because the toe doesn’t appear as blobby as others out there in this price range. They are super comfortable and look pretty good to me. They definitely “patina” the moment you put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                              Really that good? All the toe boxes seem a little bit too rounded/wide in the photos. Of course, those are the types of shoes that fit me best, so maybe I should consider them.
                              They are definitely more full, but that’s why I prefer them for business casual, leaning more casual. In Allen Edmonds I’m a 9.5E, with Grant Stone the standard D is good. Couldn’t get my foot in Meermin Oxford https://meermin.com/in_en/1015031819...t-e-negro.html
                              One of the main reasons I’ve been hesitant to try J.Fitzpatrick shoes

Stitchdown: On the last side of things, the bulk of your shoes are on your Leo last, your first. How would you describe that last?

Wyatt: You know, that’s a tough one to answer, because I think it’s very personal. Lasts are very style-driven. The Leo last is a classic American/English brogue shape. And while it has something of an almond shape, it’s more on the bulbous side of things. I think it’s a style. In general it is very full, and for some guys, they don’t like it.

The reality is it fits a lot of people who are, D, E, and then our triple E in this last, it’s huge. And I say that in a good sense. It’s very, very full. We’ve had so many people who have a hard time getting into an E width. They have high insteps, really wide feet. The Leo last fits a lot of people. And it’s very comfortable. If I’m traveling, I love taking a pair. And a lot of people like the way it looks.

People are often wearing shoes that are too narrow. Especially a Goodyear welt shoe. A lot of people have it in their mind that you want your shoes to be snug at first, and then stretch them out. I’ve always been taught that’s completely wrong. And which one’s wrong or right, who knows. But I’m definitely on the side of: when you put it on, it should feel comfortable right away. You shouldn’t be stuck at the end of the day—especially if you’re in the city and you have to walk everywhere—and your feet are swollen and you can’t wait to take your shoes off, because they’re half a size too small. And so we’ve seen a lot of people gravitate towards our D, if not E, width, and we always kind of push people to go with the bigger width if they’re worried about being in between.

We’ve seen a pretty solid return customer rate, and I feel a heavy portion of that is due to the last fitting. And I feel like a large percentage of that is people that have a hard time getting something that’s full enough that doesn’t look unattractive—because I am one of those people. I like a narrower-looking last. I like a sharper toe. Some of the European dress brands, some of the loafers and stuff, I really like the way they look. But the reality is for what we’re doing here, especially in this market, we’ve seen a lot of people who like that fuller last, because they can wear it all day.

Comment

They are definitely more full, but that’s why I prefer them for business casual, leaning more casual. In Allen Edmonds I’m a 9.5E, with Grant Stone the standard D is good. Couldn’t get my foot in Meermin Oxford https://meermin.com/in_en/1015031819...t-e-negro.html
                                One of the main reasons I’ve been hesitant to try J.Fitzpatrick shoes
                                Yes, a good reason--one of my pairs is quite narrow in the toe box and sometimes it's uncomfortable. The other is quite roomy, but those were MTO, and I got to pick the last. I don't remember which one.

Justin and his manager (Simon, I think) are very responsive to questions regarding the fit, so if you shoot them an email at the address on the site, I'm sure they can help.

But most of his shoes are dressier than the look you're aiming for. I feel overstocked on dressy dress shoes ever since starting to work at home. All those shoes and no place to wear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X