Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shoes are you wearing today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cole Haan zero grand

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Sperrys for Shark Week.

      Comment



      • At the ballpark.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Some very light weight shows with soles made of rope like stuff by Honu Surf, without socks (it’s damn hot)



          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shade View Post
            AE Mora 2.0




            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Nice shoes as well as the socks.

            Comment


            • My first pair of sneakers I’ve purchased in probably 30 or 40 years, other than running shoes. I’m kinda digging them. AE Porter. On clearance for only $67





              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by mebejoseph; August 7, 2019, 02:40 PM.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                My first pair of sneakers I’ve purchased in probably 30 or 40 years, other than running shoes. I’m kinda digging them. AE Porter. On clearance for only $67

                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                At a certain price Porter's seem decent but I can't find a colorway I like.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  At a certain price Porter's seem decent but I can't find a colorway I like.
                  I bought the all white version. All white sneakers are one of my greatest weaknesses. I also bought a pair in a navy weave pattern. I don't think they make that one anymore.

                  I had to laugh at the 30 or 40 years comment. For me it would be more like 30 or 40 days. I love sneakers, especially minimalist sneakers.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    At a certain price Porter's seem decent but I can't find a colorway I like.
                    I like this color, but I might change the laces to brown or red. For $67, I'm not complaining.

                    Originally posted by smitty View Post
                    I bought the all white version. All white sneakers are one of my greatest weaknesses. I also bought a pair in a navy weave pattern. I don't think they make that one anymore.

                    I had to laugh at the 30 or 40 years comment. For me it would be more like 30 or 40 days. I love sneakers, especially minimalist sneakers.
                    That's how often I seem to buy dress shoes. In any event, since I started working at home, I don't seem to be able to wear any of my shoes as often as I would like.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

                    Comment





                    • Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Looking for suggestions for every-day wear sneakers to wear with dark indigo jeans. Bright white feels too high contrast to me, so I was considering gray / off-white / similar lower contrast colors.

                        Any suggestions? I prefer more simple/minimalist sneakers rather than athletic looking ones since I'd wear these around work and be a bit dressier.

                        Was considering killshots, but those are mostly white as well. I've had puma suedes in gray before but they were a bit bland. Any other suggestions?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
                          Looking for suggestions for every-day wear sneakers to wear with dark indigo jeans. Bright white feels too high contrast to me, so I was considering gray / off-white / similar lower contrast colors.

                          Any suggestions? I prefer more simple/minimalist sneakers rather than athletic looking ones since I'd wear these around work and be a bit dressier.

                          Was considering killshots, but those are mostly white as well. I've had puma suedes in gray before but they were a bit bland. Any other suggestions?
                          I love all white sneakers, but I can understand being concerned about the contrast with dark indigo. Here are a few that I have that seem to work well.

                          https://olivercabell.com/collections/sneakers-mens
                          I have the navy suede and camel suede from Oliver Cabell and they are both very versatile. Oliver Cabell has a very minimal profile which I love. I also have the black low and that might work too.

                          I have a couple of pairs of Greats. They are slightly chuckier, but are really comfortable.

                          https://crownnorthampton.com/collect...dmade-sneakers
                          My personal favorite brand. Each pair is individually made upon order and they are the most comfortable sneakers I've worn. Well worth the price. The sand suede gum sole would be terrific with dark jeans as would the brown leather gum sole.

                          I also just picked up a tan suede gum sole sneaker from m.gemi on sale for $125. It's a really wonderful sneaker and a great price for such a high quality shoe.

                          There are a ton of other companies out there in the minimalist sneaker market. Just passing along my experience with the ones I've purchased. Hope this gives you something to think about.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by smitty View Post
                            I love all white sneakers, but I can understand being concerned about the contrast with dark indigo. Here are a few that I have that seem to work well.

                            https://olivercabell.com/collections/sneakers-mens
                            I have the navy suede and camel suede from Oliver Cabell and they are both very versatile. Oliver Cabell has a very minimal profile which I love. I also have the black low and that might work too.

                            I have a couple of pairs of Greats. They are slightly chuckier, but are really comfortable.

                            https://crownnorthampton.com/collect...dmade-sneakers
                            My personal favorite brand. Each pair is individually made upon order and they are the most comfortable sneakers I've worn. Well worth the price. The sand suede gum sole would be terrific with dark jeans as would the brown leather gum sole.

                            I also just picked up a tan suede gum sole sneaker from m.gemi on sale for $125. It's a really wonderful sneaker and a great price for such a high quality shoe.

                            There are a ton of other companies out there in the minimalist sneaker market. Just passing along my experience with the ones I've purchased. Hope this gives you something to think about.
                            Guess I need to specify a budget. < $100, ideally < $80. $180-$250 for sneakers is silly to me.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
                              Guess I need to specify a budget. < $100, ideally < $80. $180-$250 for sneakers is silly to me.
                              Allen Edmonds has these on sale for $67 right now, if they have your size left. I got some last week and quite like them:

                              https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/s...porter&start=1
                              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

                              Comment


                              • Pair of AE Kenilworths that are in desperate need of a polish

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X