This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    Do you use a darker polish/cream on these than the walnut shade? Really great color --I feel like my walnut AE's don't show the same character. Also a fan of the wider laces.
    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Yeah, those look a lot better and the color has some extra depth. I have seen people use darker polish on these with similar results. I like it.
    I have mostly used neutral wax polish and walnut AE polish. I think I did a light brushing of brown a while ago...maybe a year or 2 but they have since been conditioned a few times. For conditioner I use Lexol or these was some cream polish my MIL bought for me I have used on other shoes but it is neutral.

I have realized on some other shoes that I do not get the edges near over lapping pieces of leather very clean/polished. On my Carmina semi-brogues, they sort of gather dust around these areas so I am not surprised it is happening a bit here as well...that and I only have 1 "brown" dauber brush.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      I have mostly used neutral wax polish and walnut AE polish. I think I did a light brushing of brown a while ago...maybe a year or 2 but they have since been conditioned a few times. For conditioner I use Lexol or these was some cream polish my MIL bought for me I have used on other shoes but it is neutral.

I have realized on some other shoes that I do not get the edges near over lapping pieces of leather very clean/polished. On my Carmina semi-brogues, they sort of gather dust around these areas so I am not surprised it is happening a bit here as well...that and I only have 1 "brown" dauber brush.
      That's when the coolest effects happen in my opinion. Just natural stuff from using them and keeping them around a while. I wish those fit my feet well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
        Jack Erwin suede chelseas
        How do you like them? I've been trying to find some decent Chelsea boots (leather, not suede) in the $200 range. I'm expecting arrival of some from Jack Erwin tomorrow.

I have two pairs from To Boot New York I got on sale from Nordstrom and the leather looks so cheap, I'm going to return them without even trying them on.
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          How do you like them? I've been trying to find some decent Chelsea boots (leather, not suede) in the $200 range. I'm expecting arrival of some from Jack Erwin tomorrow.
          imo they are decent shoes for the money. I have had these for 3+ years now and they have held up well. Granted I'm not hard on my shoes and I rarely wear them when weather turns nasty out. The suede is comparable to that from other companies in similar price bucket (jcrew, meermin). it's short nap but has enough texture for me. I don't know if JE has certain last(s) but these were easy to break in for me and comfortable since.

Comment

The stock show's in town...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Astorflex Bitflex in Sabbia. Cleaned up from working in the garage and wanted something comfortable to slip on to
              get food. The Crepe sole can be nice after spending the day on one’s feet.

Comment

Couldn't figure out the angle I wanted so I went with the tied and true "worn and wound" pose to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Nothing fancy today. My feet were cold so I went with my kamik lined boots. Not loving the pant pairing because the leg opening isn't big enough but whatever, I am already dressed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Watch looks great!

Comment

Allen Edmonds - Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by DC1873 View Post
                    Watch looks great!
                    Thanks. I am enjoying it. Its my speedy fill in until I can afford a real speedy.

Comment

Carmina snuff suede bluchers. I forgot to mention most of my more expensive shoes are usually bought when something good happens.

Carmina loafers were a trip to Paris, yesterday’s Daltons were a birthday present, and today’s shoes were bought due to a new job I started last year.

Comment

Camp Moc o’clock (Eastland Yarmouth)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Church’s genuine Cape Buck suede

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Church’s genuine Cape Buck suede

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I like those

Comment

chelseas all day, everyday

Comment

I like those
                                Thx!

NOS eBay find. Slight cut/scratch in the leather by the welt line. Paid around $80. They are really comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X