X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post

GYW'd Frye Jones double monks in ash nubuck

Bummed that I got a drop of chloroform/isoamyl alcohol on the left one which left it marred.... While I was typing that I realized I had some really fine sandpaper in the lab and managed to lightly sand away most of the blemish (result not pictured).
    I have the exact same double monks! Mind if I ask a quick question? I got mine a while ago, but have barely worn them. The sole is quite thick and the shoes themselves quite heavy, so I haven't managed to break them in yet. I love the way they look, but they still feel quite stiff. Did you have the same experience? Did they eventually soften up or are they just relatively stiff shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by jikaasik View Post
      I have the exact same double monks! Mind if I ask a quick question? I got mine a while ago, but have barely worn them. The sole is quite thick and the shoes themselves quite heavy, so I haven't managed to break them in yet. I love the way they look, but they still feel quite stiff. Did you have the same experience? Did they eventually soften up or are they just relatively stiff shoes?
      I have the same experience with them as you, the soles are quite thick and heavy, but I haven't had any issue with comfort, even when walking several miles in them throughout the day

The stiffness hasn't exactly lessened, but like I mentioned, comfort hasn't been an issue so the sole stiffness isn't something I really notice except for the first few minutes of putting them on.

Comment

I have the same experience with them as you, the soles are quite thick and heavy, but I haven't had any issue with comfort, even when walking several miles in them throughout the day

The stiffness hasn't exactly lessened, but like I mentioned, comfort hasn't been an issue so the sole stiffness isn't something I really notice except for the first few minutes of putting them on.
        That's good to know. I haven't really had any discomfort with them either. I suppose I've just been hoping the soles would eventually soften a bit. I assumed it would take a much longer time, given their thickness, of course. Have you had yours for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by jikaasik View Post
          That's good to know. I haven't really had any discomfort with them either. I suppose I've just been hoping the soles would eventually soften a bit. I assumed it would take a much longer time, given their thickness, of course. Have you had yours for a while?
          A little over a year. I think I've only worn them a few dozen times since then. It'll probably be a couple more dozen times before the sole really breaks in.

Comment

A little over a year. I think I've only worn them a few dozen times since then. It'll probably be a couple more dozen times before the sole really breaks in.
            Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Got a sweet deal for these tobacco suede AE Fullertons on eBay. I think they’re seconds but brand new and I can’t see any significant flaw. Loving them so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFO View Post
                Got a sweet deal for these tobacco suede AE Fullertons on eBay. I think they’re seconds but brand new and I can’t see any significant flaw. Loving them so far...

Very sharp!
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

My favorite summer shoe. SPERRY

Comment

I know it’s not really boot weather—but I wanted to try out my new Carlos Santos patina boots. The color is a little more orange than I was expecting. But they’re comfortable and well made. Leather feels nice and soft

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                      I know it’s not really boot weather—but I wanted to try out my new Carlos Santos patina boots. The color is a little more orange than I was expecting. But they’re comfortable and well made. Leather feels nice and soft

Boot weather be damned! Those boots are gorgeous!

Comment

AE Mora 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                          AE Mora 2.0

Beautiful! Are those bourbon?

Comment

Beautiful! Are those bourbon?
                            Thank you, and yes sir, bourbon they are.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

Wow. Those are a nice looking pair of boots!

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                                Thank you, and yes sir, bourbon they are.
                                The thirst is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X