This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty View Post
    They are online only. In fact they keep no stock. Every pair of shoes is made individually at the time it’s ordered. Everything I’ve bought from them has been fantastic.
    Oh man, that kind of service could become addicting. I imagine I do not want to know what they charge.

They look awesome BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
      The best part is that the quality is far superior to anything that Clark’s makes. The sole is much more substantial feeling and the leather is top notch. I love natural horween chromexcel because it gets better looking as it ages.
      Clarks are overpriced currently. When you could get a desert boot from them for $50-70, it was well worth it. Now that they seem to run over $100, that's just silly.

Chromexcel is a great choice for casual boots, because you can pretty much not worry about applying products to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
        Clarks are overpriced currently. When you could get a desert boot from them for $50-70, it was well worth it. Now that they seem to run over $100, that's just silly.

Chromexcel is a great choice for casual boots, because you can pretty much not worry about applying products to it.
        I have a pair of TBC boots in natural chromexcel. They keep getting better looking all the time. I love the fact that most scuffs/nicks simply buff out.

I'm not crazy about Clarks. The only pair I own is the 90th anniversary Mickey Mouse edition. Over priced for sure, but being a Disney fan I couldn't resist.

Comment

Bought a pair of Nordstrom Vincent Plain Toe Derby shoes that were reduced down to $62.47. They came in yesterday, so of course I’m wearing them today.

Comment

I've been considering getting a pair of Cordovan loafers. How do you like the Patriot Shell? Is there a reason you chose this over the Randolphs or a pair from Alden.

Comment

Originally posted by Arête View Post
              I've been considering getting a pair of Cordovan loafers. How do you like the Patriot Shell? Is there a reason you chose this over the Randolphs or a pair from Alden.
              Who are you asking? I'm guessing it's [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Okay--I know it's not me, because I don't have any Cordovan. But I've been thinking about getting a pair of something in Cordovan--but not sure what. I'm shortest on loafers. But I'm not sure I want to spend $600 plus on loafers. I was thinking AE Daltons--but I already have about eight pairs of AE shoes.

I've seen that you can sometimes get even the shell shoes from AE for 30-40 percent off. I rarely see Alden on sale and when I do, it's usually limited sizes. So, if price is a consideration, there's that.

Also, I have too many shoes.
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

If you are asking me, I don’t mind answering, because I own all three. My favorites happen to be the Patriots. They have a classic American loafer look that’s not too sleek and not too chunky. The Alden’s suffer somewhat from the latter, but they are beautiful in there own way. The Randolph are definitely dressier which is why I reach for them less. I do like all three, so you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

I picked up the Patriots from the Shoebank during a sale and they were close to $350 (I still see them drop close to that occasionally). The Alden’s were a recent score when brooks brothers clearing them out (this was a HUGE deal). I paid close to $420. The Randolph’s were an EBay find for $150, barely worn.

Hope this helps. Maybe I can get some pics up tomorrow

Edit: I just noticed the Patriot Second are on the Shoebank for $375. Not too bad!
                Last edited by Loafer28; June 6, 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ModifiedMind View Post
                  Bought a pair of Nordstrom Vincent Plain Toe Derby shoes that were reduced down to $62.47. They came in yesterday, so of course I’m wearing them today.

How do you like them? I ordered a pair too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                    How do you like them? I ordered a pair too.
                    So far, I love them. The color is a nice medium shade of brown, and they're pretty comfortable right out of the box. One shoe is a little squeaky, but I've had that happen with my boots before only for it to go away, so I'm hoping that's what'll happen with these shoes too.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                      If you are asking me, I don’t mind answering, because I own all three. My favorites happen to be the Patriots. They have a classic American loafer look that’s not too sleek and not too chunky. The Alden’s suffer somewhat from the latter, but they are beautiful in there own way. The Randolph are definitely dressier which is why I reach for them less. I do like all three, so you couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

I picked up the Patriots from the Shoebank during a sale and they were close to $350 (I still see them drop close to that occasionally). The Alden’s were a recent score when brooks brothers clearing them out (this was a HUGE deal). I paid close to $420. The Randolph’s were an EBay find for $150, barely worn.

Hope this helps. Maybe I can get some pics up tomorrow

Edit: I just noticed the Patriot Second are on the Shoebank for $375. Not too bad!
                      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Left to right:

Patriots in brown, Alden unlined #8, Randolph burgundy.

I prefer the Patriot because the toe box walls are a little lower and the toe tapers a bit more than the Alden’s. The Alden color is awesome, though.

Comment

Beautiful lineup of shoes [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                            Beautiful lineup of shoes [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]
                            Thx! They all need a good brushing!

Comment

Alden shell. Sprained ankle and all

Comment

Come at me bros.

Comment

Working...
                                X