Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun casual loafer that my wife just bought me in New Orleans. Made out of Cork. A very sustainable material, and an interesting look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• AE Strand with Uniqlo Kando pants.

Comment

• [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], that's a great looking combo^. How do you like the Kando pants? Where does the waist sit, med or low-rise?
        Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

• Combatant Gent suede double monks in khaki.

Was a little worried, what with all the troubles people have had with combatant Gent in the past (but mostly regarding their suits), but decided to give these a try as I would only be paying $42 shipped with free return shipping if I didn't like them.

Originally ordered the tan suede, but I decided I didn't need that shade of tan (though it matched their online pictures perfectly), and put in for an exchange. The process was really easy, and they reserve the one you want in exchange until the original item arrives and then send out the new one, no having to pay for a replacement first. Everything was relatively quick and hassle free. The shoes themselves are pretty decent, especially at that price point. The suede looks and feels nice, not thick, but not floppy. Also, no unnecessary burnishing or anything like that. Just a clean, sleek double monk.

Pleasantly surprised by how quick and easy shipping, return/exchange was and happy with the shoes.

Comment

• Unlined Shell for the summer heat-already here !

Comment

• [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] I haven't worn the pants often enough to get a give you a good review. Give me a few more wears and I'll get back to you.

Comment

• A birthday gift from my wife. Brown suede desert boots from Crown Northampton. They are incredibly nice and are far superior to Clarks or anything similar. 100% handmade at the time of order as all their shoes are.

Comment

• [MENTION=19128]smitty[/MENTION] Awesome looking boots. They look comfortable as f. Happy Birthday, or belated as the case may be!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shade View Post
                    [MENTION=19128]smitty[/MENTION] Awesome looking boots. They look comfortable as f. Happy Birthday, or belated as the case may be!
                    Thank you. They also make desert boots in horween chromexcel. Going to be really difficult to resist.

Comment

• How is the fit on those? Standard U.S. boot size minus one?

Originally posted by smitty View Post
                      Thank you. They also make desert boots in horween chromexcel. Going to be really difficult to resist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banks View Post
                        How is the fit on those? Standard U.S. boot size minus one?
                        Yes. I wear a US 10 and I order a UK 9. There is a sizing link on the website with more info, including the measurements in CM.
                        Last edited by smitty; May 2, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Since I started working at home, I’ve been wearing slippers most days.

But they are all so warm, they make my feet sweat and then they start to smell

So, I picked these up cheap on amazon as a spring/summer replacement for my slippers to wear inside while working (my almost completely Americanized Asian wife hates it when I wear my outside shoes inside the house).

Hopefully the openings will provide enough ventilation to prevent these things from getting stinky.

Very comfortable.

WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Another birthday gift from my wife. She knows that I love white sneakers and these are absolutely my favorite. White leather gum sole from Crown Northampton. 100% hand made, full grain calf leather.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty View Post
                              Another birthday gift from my wife. She knows that I love white sneakers and these are absolutely my favorite. White leather gum sole from Crown Northampton. 100% hand made, full grain calf leather.

Starting to save for these now! That combo is my go-to. Tell your wife to tell my wife to up her sneaker gifting game.

Comment

• Ebay'd and TLC'd AE walnut Strands

Comment

Working...
                                X