This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    You're welcome. I think it's also partially the lighting. Going back through some of my other pictures of the shoes the wrinkles are less pronounced. When standing they're virtually unnoticeable. I'm happy to PM you some more pictures if you'd like.
    Thanks a lot for the offer. I was just trying to understand if those creases were really as bad as it looks. JFP is supposed to be a quality shoemaker. As mebejoseph pointed out, creasing may not really be a measure of quality, but when you pay what you pay for a JFP creasing can be bit heart breaking.

Comment

Agreed. I normally don’t get into the dual color/material shoes, but the dark brown calf on the bottom paired with the lighter (but not too light) suede up top looks great on those. I’ve got a couple of shoes that fit great everywhere and are definitely sized right but have more volume in the toe area than I need. Wrinkling like that can be the result. As Justin says in the link, nothing wrong with that. It can even add to the character of the shoe.

Edit - meant to quote mebejoseph’s post.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManJournals View Post
        Thanks a lot for the offer. I was just trying to understand if those creases were really as bad as it looks. JFP is supposed to be a quality shoemaker. As mebejoseph pointed out, creasing may not really be a measure of quality, but when you pay what you pay for a JFP creasing can be bit heart breaking.
        I'm not sure that you wouldn't have the same issues on a pair of museum Lobbs. For what it's worth I haven't experienced the same degree of creasing on my regular calf JFP shoes, and regardless of the creasing I do think he makes a quality product. And they've always been comfortable right out of the box for me, which not all brands can say. Still, if you have concerns I'd email him and see what he has to say.

Comment

They finally arrived, so I had to wear them.

This last is a much better fit for my weird feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
            I'm not sure that you wouldn't have the same issues on a pair of museum Lobbs. For what it's worth I haven't experienced the same degree of creasing on my regular calf JFP shoes, and regardless of the creasing I do think he makes a quality product. And they've always been comfortable right out of the box for me, which not all brands can say. Still, if you have concerns I'd email him and see what he has to say.
            I sure will do that. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
              They finally arrived, so I had to wear them.

This last is a much better fit for my weird feet.

Is it a pain to button those up?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                Is it a pain to button those up?
                Kind of, yes. I now know why buttons gave way to laces.

Comment

Creasing is character IMHO

Comment

AE Ralph Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

AE Ralph Lauren

Love it. True to your user name. Now, is 28 how many you have?

Comment

Some old AE chukkas with ultra thick leather—I forget the model name. I replaced the soles with Dainite and now they’re kind of my go-to rainy day shoe.

Comment

They look like the Tate model to me.

I recently sent a pair to my son to celebrate his new job. He likes them, but they probably would be better with a different sole like you put on.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/tate-ch...chukka&start=1

Originally posted by SFO View Post
                          Some old AE chukkas with ultra thick leather—I forget the model name. I replaced the soles with Dainite and now they’re kind of my go-to rainy day shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                            They look like the Tate model to me.

I recently sent a pair to my son to celebrate his new job. He likes them, but they probably would be better with a different sole like you put on.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/tate-ch...chukka&start=1
                            I did some googling afterward and I’m pretty sure they’re Malverns. All the details are the same.

Comment

Allen Edmonds Academy in natural Horween Chromexcel.

Got these off of eBay for $45 shipped. Hardly ever worn and in amazing condition. The CXL is really nice and thick, yet still very comfortable. The 8D actually fits my 8E feet pretty well. A little more break-in and these should be even more comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing the patina these develope.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                                Allen Edmonds Academy in natural Horween Chromexcel.

Got these off of eBay for $45 shipped. Hardly ever worn and in amazing condition. The CXL is really nice and thick, yet still very comfortable. The 8D actually fits my 8E feet pretty well. A little more break-in and these should be even more comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing the patina these develope.
                                Nice pick up! My experience with CXL is it tends to run big, I assume because of the stretchy nature of the leather. I went with an 11B on my Higgins Mills when I usually wear an 11.5 B. Perfect fit. I didn't follow my own advice and went with 11.5B on a pair of bluchers, and they're too loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X