Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were supposed to be their old brown shade (bought about a year ago, well before the Coffee shade) but arrived in something inbetweeen dark brown and the bourbon shade they occasionally sell. Then I accidentally got some olive oil drops on them that wouldn’t come out, so I tried to compensate by darkening the boots using dark brown & black shoe cream. After all that, I ended up really liking the shade that they turned into.

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    What is the colour of those boots?

Comment

AE First Avenue boots today, unfortunately covered in winter gunk and not at their best (can’t stand wearing my Sorels another day more than I have to). Love these though, the Scotch grain can take on a surprising glow with some TLC, Dainite soles make them versatile and the fit is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
        As to the Nomad Chukka boot--you probably noticed that I have them. I'm normally not a fan of white soles either, but they are pretty thin, more off-white than white, and do not stick out much on the brown shoes. That said, I wouldn't wear them with anything more formal than jeans and chinos.
        I just saw on the AE site that the white seems to have been ditched—good call.

Comment

As to the Nomad Chukka boot--you probably noticed that I have them. I'm normally not a fan of white soles either, but they are pretty thin, more off-white than white, and do not stick out much on the brown shoes. That said, I wouldn't wear them with anything more formal than jeans and chinos.
          I just saw on the AE site that the white seems to have been ditched—good call.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
            Big meetings today so I broke out the G&Gs

Wow! Love those.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Wow! Love those.
              Thanks Joseph. GMTO via Skoak from a few years ago I couldn't pass up.

Comment

Like many others, I've soured on AE recently. That said, I really love these boots. Back before I figured out my correct sizing, I picked these up on an end-of-season sale. I ended up selling them after a year or two because the fit was off (my heels would be in pain after a while), but always reminisce when I see people post pics of them. They're a great casual boot option that pairs so well with jeans.

Originally posted by SFO View Post
                AE First Avenue boots today, unfortunately covered in winter gunk and not at their best (can’t stand wearing my Sorels another day more than I have to). Love these though, the Scotch grain can take on a surprising glow with some TLC, Dainite soles make them versatile and the fit is perfect.

Comment

Big meetings today so I broke out the G&Gs

Beautiful shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                    Beautiful shoes.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Andrew Lock derbies today. Dark brown in real life.

Comment

The long discontinued AE Argyles... these are so comfortable

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

And now for something completely different.

Puma Clydes, Big Sean edition.

Comment

My other blue suede shoes—Donald Pliner wingtip oxfords. Gotta leave the home office and run over to my daughter’s and feed her cat while she’s outta town. Kitty better not step on these either.

Last edited by mebejoseph; February 28, 2019, 01:27 PM.
                            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Andrew Lock derbies today. Dark brown in real life.

Is it just me or does the broguing on these look rather phallic?

Comment

Originally posted by Ito View Post
                                Is it just me or does the broguing on these look rather phallic?
                                Hahahaha oh man, that's totally a dong!
                                "It's an elephant, really!"

Comment

Working...
                                X