This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Broke out my custom patina’d AE University shoes. These are on the narrow 333 last so only comfortable on days where I haven’t went for a run.

Just one word.

Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Very nice. I like the tan sole. It gives it a little contrast but not as stark as the white sole on so many on similar style sneakers.
      They are individually hand made in England. They keep no stock and they have tons of options available. I own sneakers from several of the luxury brands and Crown Northampton is my favorite.

I'm with you on the white soles. It's too much of a contrast for my taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
        First off, I like the shoes. I love blue suede and it just pairs so well with the design of this loafer. Great price as well. In addition I really like the sock color with the shoe. I have a blue suede derby on order from BS that I should be receiving in April and can't wait.

I was looking at the blue suede AE Nomad but I'm not a fan of the white sole.

As to the explanation you gave to your wife: How was it received?

I wonder if got a pair of the AE Daltons in dark chili if I could use a similar explanation with my wife as my existing pair are tan so really they are totally different and of course both absolutely necessary.
        As to the Nomad Chukka boot--you probably noticed that I have them. I'm normally not a fan of white soles either, but they are pretty thin, more off-white than white, and do not stick out much on the brown shoes. That said, I wouldn't wear them with anything more formal than jeans and chinos.

As far as my wife--That was about the end of the conversation, after she reminded me that I won't have a paycheck for a while. First, probably because she had a couple of pairs of boots on the way from someplace. Second, probably because she has five times more shoes than I do. Third, we keep separate accounts as well as a joint account and stuff like this comes from my separate account.
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• I'm not usually a sneaker guy, but I like these quite a bit. I'd wear them for sure. I'm going to go look for some now.

Originally posted by smitty View Post
          Crown Northampton sneakers. A recent purchase and the most comfortable sneakers I've worn.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
            I'm not usually a sneaker guy, but I like these quite a bit. I'd wear them for sure. I'm going to go look for some now.
            The are not cheap, but they refund the VAT. Also there is a free shipping code that I have used.

Comment

• Allen Edmonds Benton with robot socks. Hopefully I'll be spared during the uprising.

Comment

Broke out my custom patina’d AE University shoes. These are on the narrow 333 last so only comfortable on days where I haven’t went for a run.

Love the look and colour of these shoes. Nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

... I patiently explained that one pair is a loafer and the other an oxford. That's why. ...
                  Nice work!!! Of course, none of our wives have two (or more) pairs of the same shoe or color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    Love the look and colour of these shoes. Nicely done.
                    Yes, I quite like those as well.

Comment

• Thanks guys! I don't wear them as much as I thought I would but smile on the days I do.

Comment

• Late post (busy day) - AE Daltons.

Comment

This post made me pull my University from my culling if the shoe collection. I really do love a U-Wing design, and those look spectacular! Mine are a simple Chili but the love may be rekindled. My heart thanks you, but my wallet and closet do not.

Comment

• Big meetings today so I broke out the G&Gs

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Banks View Post
                                Late post (busy day) - AE Daltons.

What is the colour of those boots?

Comment

Working...
                                X