Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckett Simonon Durant Oxford Brogue on their maiden voyage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
      Beckett Simonon Durant Oxford Brogue on their maiden voyage.
      Very nice!
      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post

Beckett Simonon Durant Oxford Brogue on their maiden voyage.
        Woah, those are stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          A great pair of shoes for running Saturday morning errands – – Allen Edmonds nomad chukka boots in snuff colored suede. I really don’t seem to get to wear these enough.

They look great, perfectly shaped. I wish I got what they were going for with the white soles. An odd decision that turned me off of a shoe I’d totally buy otherwise. Damn I’m picky 🧐

Comment

A great pair of shoes for running Saturday morning errands – – Allen Edmonds nomad chukka boots in snuff colored suede. I really don’t seem to get to wear these enough.

I really like these. They look better here than in photos on the AE site.

Are they comfortable?

Comment

• Originally posted by jays0n View Post
              I really like these. They look better here than in photos on the AE site.

Are they comfortable?

They are very comfortable--and because I'm a size 12.5, but these are 13's (they didn't have 12.5 on sale), they are even more comfortable with the insoles I put in.

Comment

• Working at home in my new AE Acheson tassel loafers. Stole them for $146 including tax, thanks to a tip from [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Please pardon the wire jungle under my desk.

Also, my phone photos seem to be getting even worse. I gotta figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by mebejoseph; February 25, 2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working at home in my new AE Acheson tassel loafers. Stole them for $146 including tax, thanks to a tip from [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION]

Please pardon the wire jungle under my desk.

Nice!!! How do you like them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                    Nice!!! How do you like them?
                    I like them quite a bit. Because of the limited sizes, I had to get a 12E, when I'm normally a 12.5D. But it's a nice comfy fit, especially across the toes, which is where I usually have problems--just a little tiny bit wide in the back. But better than most 12's, which I often need to stretch. It's hard to find 12.5, so I'm used to it.

However, my wife wonders why I need two pairs of blue suede shoes. I patiently explained that one pair is a loafer and the other an oxford. That's why.

Comment

• Frye Jones nubuck double monk. Unfortunately I got a drop of chloroform:isoamyl alcohol on the left toe cap (not visible in picture).

Gonna see what I can do to minimize the "melted" shiny spot it left behind once I get home.

Science is no friend to style.
                      Last edited by Nandyn; February 26, 2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Crown Northampton sneakers. A recent purchase and the most comfortable sneakers I've worn.

Comment

• Herring UK

Comment

• Broke out my custom patina’d AE University shoes. These are on the narrow 333 last so only comfortable on days where I haven’t went for a run.

Comment

I like them quite a bit. Because of the limited sizes, I had to get a 12E, when I'm normally a 12.5D. But it's a nice comfy fit, especially across the toes, which is where I usually have problems--just a little tiny bit wide in the back. But better than most 12's, which I often need to stretch. It's hard to find 12.5, so I'm used to it.

However, my wife wonders why I need two pairs of blue suede shoes. I patiently explained that one pair is a loafer and the other an oxford. That's why.
                              First off, I like the shoes. I love blue suede and it just pairs so well with the design of this loafer. Great price as well. In addition I really like the sock color with the shoe. I have a blue suede derby on order from BS that I should be receiving in April and can't wait.

I was looking at the blue suede AE Nomad but I'm not a fan of the white sole.

As to the explanation you gave to your wife: How was it received?

I wonder if got a pair of the AE Daltons in dark chili if I could use a similar explanation with my wife as my existing pair are tan so really they are totally different and of course both absolutely necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty View Post
                                Crown Northampton sneakers. A recent purchase and the most comfortable sneakers I've worn.

Very nice. I like the tan sole. It gives it a little contrast but not as stark as the white sole on so many on similar style sneakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X